Rifle rich and pistol poor...

My experience with Kimber has been good, but they need to "step it up" on customer service, based on what I have heard.

Same…

I’ve got 2 kimber pistols and 1 kimber rifle…all three have performed exceptionally…

Unfortunately I’ve heard little good about Kimber customer service over the years though.. I truly hope I never have to find out how good or bad they are for myself…

Holy cow, now I have had to buy my wife a Walther PKK .380, which took less than 20 minutes because the lady salesman quickly pointed out it was the only auto which my diminutive wife could pull the slide on. She said she sold these to women most of the time.
Guess I will have to get her holstered up, etc. At least I have some ammo for her.

I bought a used Kimber rifle from a gun store that would fire when you moved the safety from SAFE to FIRE. I didn't discover it until I got it home and was cycling the action and dry firing it. Not good. Even though I wasn't the original owner when I called Kimber and told them about it they couldn't send me an RMA number and shipping label fast enough. Less than two weeks later the rifle was back in my hands with a complete brand new bolt assembly. Didn't cost me a penny. I realize Kimber recognized there was a huge issue with safety and they were probably motivated by liability concerns but their CS was still fantastic.

Well good on you! Wish they'd treated me that way!

Holy cow, now I have had to buy my wife a Walther PKK .380, which took less than 20 minutes because the lady salesman quickly pointed out it was the only auto which my diminutive wife could pull the slide on. She said she sold these to women most of the time.
Guess I will have to get her holstered up, etc. At least I have some ammo for her.
PPK? Those are elegant for sure and highly accurate from a mechanical standpoint. I shot a squirrel with one once and regularly used to hit half liter water bottles at fifty yards. It is quite the little pistol.

PPK? Those are elegant for sure and highly accurate from a mechanical standpoint. I shot a squirrel with one once and regularly used to hit half liter water bottles at fifty yards. It is quite the little pistol.
A year ago The Lovely Mrs called me at work and told me of a garage sale up the street. I went there and bought a Browning Hi Power for a good price. I brought it home, she said "Where's mine?" I said "They only had one" She said "No, that Walther". So I went back and bought the PPK. She hearts it.

A year ago The Lovely Mrs called me at work and told me of a garage sale up the street. I went there and bought a Browning Hi Power for a good price. I brought it home, she said "Where's mine?" I said "They only had one" She said "No, that Walther". So I went back and bought the PPK. She hearts it.
Just be careful as they aren't drop safe in the older models at least. I put a nice dimple into a primer on a hardwood floor once. Didn't go off, but made me believe in a higher power. Thou shalt use that safety/decocker.

I bought my daughter a Walther PK380 because it was easy to rack the slide. I have a PPK, and racking it is a little tough for me.

I regretted buying the PK380, because of the way it's safety worked and I didn't like a magazine release on the trigger guard.

I later bought her a S&W M&P .380 EZ - we are both more pleased with it. It racks just as easily, is easer to load, and the controls are "in the right places".

Sorry, I got the PK not the PPK James Bond.

+1 on the lcp. I could get away with a little larger pistol in the winter under a heavier coat but then what to do when the coat comes off?
I also use the extended magazine. The length of the extra round makes the gun more controllable, but no less concealable. I'm actually better in the summer for larger weapons because I tend to wear square cut shirts untucked (a lot of Hawaiian style!)

now, does anyone know where I can get a Cadet II .22 conversion kit?

As an end note, thanks to pistols it appears I will actually become poor--here's what happened: my wife went to ladies night out at a pistol range, taking with her the ammo bag. She went with a friend, I was not along for the ride. When she came home, the bag was EMPTY--SHE SHOT UP 8 BOXES OF AMMO AT ONE GO...some of which was premium home defense fodder....and it didn't even phase her--she had such a good time, she can't wait to go burn it up again. Wish I had gotten into all this back when, when I could have stock-piled a lot of ammo at a decent price. But hey, she is now a member of the club.

It will apparently be cheaper in the long run to buy her another .22 pistol!

She has been assimilated.

Ruger Mark 4 is just a little more than a conversion kit and you have another pistol. I love my mark 4 tactical - great accuracy and so much easier to clean than the previous versions

Ruger Mark 4 is just a little more than a conversion kit and you have another pistol. I love my mark 4 tactical - great accuracy and so much easier to clean than the previous versions
Not only is it more than a conversion kit, you won't be pampering it with a limited stream of ammunition that makes it functional.

I have a Ruger Mk 1 that I bought around 80-81. It is FIERCELY accurate. Much more so and more reliable than my Kimber .22 conversion kit for my 1911.

In that case, is the Ruger better than the Buckmark?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg