Rifle advice needed

Haha there's no real "worry." It's a good discussion and I wanted to hear what those who have been there thought. Where's the harm in that?

Lol. Sorry. None at all.
 
no harm at all.

I have used both rifles each time I go. Not because I needed to more because I wanted to. There your guns and your trip and any of them you take will get the job done. Hell I take 2 guns and a bow each trip because I can.
 
Safari and Outdoors is store, or rather a small chain of stores in SA where one can purchase just about everything necessary for a Safari. If my memory serves me correctly there are 4 stores in SA. Our Delta flight to JoBurg took place on August 8th 2016. That is the day Delta's computers went down worldwide. We arrived with our carry-on luggage but nothing more. On the way from OR Tambo to our hunting site, we stopped at Safari and Outdoors to pick up a few necessities like ammo for the PH's guns we borrowed for the first few days of our hunt.
 
Thanks gents. One reason I want 2 rifles is not only for backup but I think it'd be cool having 2 that I've taken African game with. They'd never be sold after the trip

Exactly. There's your reason!
 
Well I've loaded up some 130gr Barnes TSX loads for one of my .270s. If they shoot like I remember, it'll be in the running for sure as a rifle to potentially take. We'll see how it goes. Ordered some new brass for the 270wsm too in order to fine tune the load I have for it with 140ABs.

I assume it's probably a good idea to take the 6.5x284 off the list due to rifle weight? It weighs about 14lbs scoped. I figure that might be too much to walk around with?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,319
Messages
1,572,854
Members
169,629
Latest member
YETCristin
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top