Rifle advice needed

Haha there's no real "worry." It's a good discussion and I wanted to hear what those who have been there thought. Where's the harm in that?

Lol. Sorry. None at all.

no harm at all.

I have used both rifles each time I go. Not because I needed to more because I wanted to. There your guns and your trip and any of them you take will get the job done. Hell I take 2 guns and a bow each trip because I can.

Safari and Outdoors is store, or rather a small chain of stores in SA where one can purchase just about everything necessary for a Safari. If my memory serves me correctly there are 4 stores in SA. Our Delta flight to JoBurg took place on August 8th 2016. That is the day Delta's computers went down worldwide. We arrived with our carry-on luggage but nothing more. On the way from OR Tambo to our hunting site, we stopped at Safari and Outdoors to pick up a few necessities like ammo for the PH's guns we borrowed for the first few days of our hunt.

Thanks gents. One reason I want 2 rifles is not only for backup but I think it'd be cool having 2 that I've taken African game with. They'd never be sold after the trip

Exactly. There's your reason!

Well I've loaded up some 130gr Barnes TSX loads for one of my .270s. If they shoot like I remember, it'll be in the running for sure as a rifle to potentially take. We'll see how it goes. Ordered some new brass for the 270wsm too in order to fine tune the load I have for it with 140ABs.

I assume it's probably a good idea to take the 6.5x284 off the list due to rifle weight? It weighs about 14lbs scoped. I figure that might be too much to walk around with?

Haha! Whats the fun in making the decision this early?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!