Rifle advice for the new guy

Wait, what? Its only one of the most common rounds out there. Everyone has load data. What have you been doing up till now?o_O

Here in the states I use a lot of game kings, an nosler ballistic tips. Those pretty much cover it all for me. If I need something for medium to large game in the brush I use a 20 gauge sabot slug.

If you have used your 7 mag to take the critters you mention, you should have no problem figuring out how to load a different brand of bullet then right? What bullet did you take the bison with and how did it perform?

Took the bison down with a nosler partition if I recall. Will simply have to order the swift reloading book. None of my other books or apps show anything for these rounds.

I think I see the language problem here. Bullets are not ROUNDS, cartridges are ROUNDS. Bullets are bullets, projectiles. Ammo is rounds.

As I said above you should be pretty familiar with your 7 mag and if you have loaded Partitions before and took bison with one, why not use the Partition again? Partition is a great bullet and will do all you need to do on plains game in Africa or anywhere else. Its just sort of old school and not sexy enough anymore, but its still a great bullet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg