Rhino solid shank projectiles

Jarrod Todd

AH member
Reaction score
Wow. Rhino solid shank projectiles. I received my 350gn and 300gn rhino solid shank projectiles this morning and went and did a water drum test. Super impressed with these high quality hunting pills. First picture compares size. From left to right, 350gn Rhino, 300gn Rhino and a Woodleigh 300gn ppsn for comparison. The Rhinos also come moly coated. Fired from a 375 H&H at 50 meters.
See pics below.

20170327_105125.jpg

20170327_152850.jpg

20170327_152828.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have shot a Kudu Cow, Giraffe and Zebra with the Rhinos out of my 404, must say, you can see how hard they hit an animal!

I was always a big fan of Rhinos.

But lately the quality and consistency has gone down and the prices up.

Had a couple of boxes of 416 and not one of the projectiles looked the same.

Must admit though that they do hit hard.

Of the SA made bullets Peregrine has much better QC and it shows.

But my all time favorite is still Stewards.

Just my opinion.

I have shot a Kudu Cow, Giraffe and Zebra with the Rhinos out of my 404, must say, you can see how hard they hit an animal!
I haven't tried them on game yet. But I certainly believe you!

These are readily available in Australia in all cals. I thought I struck gold ad most premium pills can be difficult to obtain in 375. Really keen to get swift A frames to try next.

Excellent bullet, especially in their larger bore calibers. However, I have heard about mixed results in the smaller calibers, but don't use them in any of my plains game rifles so have no personal experience with this. I only shoot them out of my .416Rigby, and have had excellent results from them. Their weight retention is also excellent on the bullets that I managed to recover.

Since you in Aus cant you get Woodleigh fairly easily?

Yeah... Absolutely. They are by far my favourite projectiles for all round use. At the same distance using the same test and speed as the Rhino 300gn they will retain about 82% of the original weight. They weigh consistently and are very well priced.
20170314_181208.jpg

They are impressive, have used them on buffalo a couple of times and have not been disappointed, but have moved away to Peregrine since

As Marius said, they are excellent in large calibers. I use them in 375 H&H, 9.3x74R, 7x65R, 7x57 and 500Jeff. Best performance, never had any issues.
Woodleigh are ok but too soft for my liking. In doubles with a muzzle velocity of 2100fps they work better. I only use them on cats. I tried them at 2350fps in the 500Jeff and found they over expand, often with the rear base ending up where the point was before firing. They also do not penetrate as well as the Rhinos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fabrizio_vintage

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you