Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Zimbabwe (Omay), New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
While on safari in Eastern Cape in June, we picked up some nice knives made by F van Wyk. He lives at the Daniell Cheetah Project (http://daniellcheetahproject.com/), also worth a visit, and sells the knifes at the gift shop. Nice, tough, working knives made with local materials like giraffe bone and wildebeest hide.

Hunter and Skinner Knives with Giraffe Bone Handles
full

Hunter with giraffe bone handles, buffalo horn bolster, vine & thorn file work, cowhide sheath:
full

full

full

Skinner with giraffe bone handle, vine & thorn file work, blue wildebeest hide sheath:
full

full

full

full

i like them.

Really nice !

Very nice! Hmmm...maybe I should take a giraffe to get some of those leg bones? Darn, guess I’m going to have to go back to Africa!
Thanks Rinehart0050 for another excuse to return!(y)

Those are slick.... any idea of the type of steel?

Very nice! Hmmm...maybe I should take a giraffe to get some of those leg bones? Darn, guess I’m going to have to go back to Africa!
Thanks Rinehart0050 for another excuse to return!(y)

We actually donated one of the shin bones from our giraffe to him for use in future knives

Those are slick.... any idea of the type of steel?

Sorry, not sure. Forgot to ask.

I can report that these knives are very durable and reliablein the field. One of the Umlilo assistant PHs uses the skinner version all the time. He just sharpens it on a rock or something and says it works great and holds an edge very nicely.

I forgot to mention, knives are about 250-300 USD. He accepts payment in ZAR, USD, GBP, or Euro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross