Remington Model Seven First Shots

Catahoula

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I picked this up recently, new in box. It’s in 243, sits in an HS precision stock and has a stainless barrel and action. I mounted a Vortex Viper 3-9x40 in Talley lightweight mounts. I took one shot at 25 yards that showed well centered and a little low. I adjusted to what I thought would get me close at 100 yards, and switched to the 100 yard target. The results of the first couple of shots are below. I think she’s a keeper! Ammo was 100 grain Hornady BTSP over IMR 4350.
Image1645388627.361786.jpg

Image1645388643.094448.jpg

Image1645388658.759762.jpg

I'm only spinning you up. That is a fine shooting gun! All the best to you @Catahoula

No response from Bob, he might be out tending to those Killer Tomatoes.

Nice Shooting by the way. I would like a Model 7.

Catahoula, congratulations! You are on your way! Both your choice of bullet & powder are good in the .243. I use & really like the 100gr Hornaday spire point, for me, either the flat base or boat tail shoot into the same group & perform well on Mule Deer.
Enjoy,

Catahoula, congratulations! You are on your way! Both your choice of bullet & powder are good in the .243. I use & really like the 100gr Hornaday spire point, for me, either the flat base or boat tail shoot into the same group & perform well on Mule Deer.
Enjoy,

Thanks. I figure plenty of deer have fallen to plain old cup and core bullets. No need for anything fancy in a 243 on Tennessee whitetails.

My father bought me a stainless model 7 7mm08 when I was 8 years old. Still hunt with it now. Love those rifles!

I'm very much a wood and blued sort. And even I get a little weak in the knees looking at those Model 7s. Nice find and thanks for the report.

I'm very much a wood and blued sort. And even I get a little weak in the knees looking at those Model 7s. Nice find and thanks for the report.

I’ve always been a want and blue guy myself. Something about this one just spoke to me. I’ve really thinned the herd as I get older. The safe has nothing left that I won’t use regularly. This one fit my needs perfectly. Light, accurate, easy handling and plenty of gun for Tennessee whitetails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZNWilliem

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.