www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
Does anyone know who makes a red dot mount for a Heym Martini Express? Heym show one, but who makes and or sell this mount? It uses a Talley pattern 19mm X about 800 thousands. Sorry about mixing the metric with imperial.

Hi Lon,

I called both Tally and Trijicon who both confirmed that neither offers such a mount.
Trijicon advised me to contact Amerigunusa. I called but their voicemail is full. That is a bad signal...
I email Amerigunusa. Hopefully they will respond.

I also tried to mate a Trijicon rib mount to a Tally base but "no cigar". The Tally attaching grooves are much deeper than the groove machined into a rib.

Mark

My mistake, after discussing with Lon, I did not realize the Heym bolt action rifle has integral bases in the receiver. For that, Lon will need to file in the base to make it fit. Please do not file on a Heym rifle!

For all others rifles that use screw on Tally bases;

I used a hand file to remove the rear lug on a Tally front scope ring base.
My Trijicon RM58 mount for 14-16mm ribs attaches to the modified Tally base.

Antique hand vise worth it's weight in gold!
IMG_20230607_095159513.jpg

Similar front Tally base unmodified, and modified (filed) base.
Obviously I am not a machinist or gunsmith...
The "USMC Field Expedient Solution" is better than no solution. Improvise and overcome!
IMG_20230607_101654787~2.jpg

This isn’t perfectly centered but should function with the dot on target!
IMG_20230607_095848492~2.jpg

I called Tally to ask if they would machine off the rear lug on customers' order.
Tally declined as to much time for individual orders...

Tally informed me that they have a "solution" or new produce in development to mount the Trijicon RMR/SRO micro dots, and the Aimpoint Micro T1/T2 dots to Tally bases. Tally apologized that they could not specify how long if will be until that product is available.

Until then, get our your files and try to do a better job than I did!

Last edited:
I would suggest sending Ralf Martini a note. He designed the rifle and is intimately familiar with it, and as a gunsmith and maker, will know what might work and what won't. On top of that, he's a great guy who I've always found to be very helpful (especially in fixing the mess I've made of his work from time to time).

You can find his contact information at his Martini Gunmakers website.

My mistake, after discussing with Lon, I did not realize the Heym bolt action rifle has integral bases in the receiver. For that, Lon will need to file in the base to make it fit. Please do not file on a Heym rifle!
An $11 RMR to Picatinny Rail mount such as this one from Amazon would be worth trying.
One may need to shim between the integral base and the bottom of the mount, but the width of the clamps and the grooves in the base should mate up.

Anyone going to Zim (where Lon resides) with room in their gun case for an emergency scope base? :)

1686151831387.png

An $11 RMR to Picatinny Rail mount such as this one from Amazon would be worth trying.
One may need to shim between the integral base and the bottom of the mount, but the width of the clamps and the grooves in the base should mate up.

Anyone going to Zim (where Lon resides) with room in their gun case for an emergency scope base? :)

View attachment 538268
Hi Mark, I will have to see what I have and what I can come up with unfortunately Amazon delivery to Milibizi does not exist. Thank you for all of the help. I do like Hans suggestion about contacting Martini.

Work schedule for today.

1. Send a email to Ralph Martini
2. Check & see if a Picattiny mt. Fits
3. Start restoration on controlled feed .22 Mauser.

I hope Ralph can help

I did it. I went through all of my red dot sights & mounts and found an AHR CZ mount that looked like it could be machined to work. After a work session on my mini mill (first time I have used it) and some final file work I have a nice looking mount for my Trijicon RMR. I will post a picture if anyone is interested.

I did it. I went through all of my red dot sights & mounts and found an AHR CZ mount that looked like it could be machined to work. After a work session on my mini mill (first time I have used it) and some final file work I have a nice looking mount for my Trijicon RMR. I will post a picture if anyone is interested.
Very interested, please do post pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg