Red Deer Pictures

Like to hunt Spain one of these days.
 
My meat stag this season. Three years old:
39323220ny.jpeg


And a young stag on a driven hunt. Two years old. Perfect cull example:
39863257fg.jpeg


Guided a friend of mine on his first management stag. Two years also:
39190665xv.jpeg


And my stag for the 2019/2020 season. Four years old:
36633546de.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well it’s the season around the Rockin G to be plowing and planting food plots and wheat pasture. My ranch Forman was on the tractor all day and snapped a few pics for me.
This Red Deer is only a 3 year old and he’s looking fantastic. He aughta be a real hoss in two more years. View attachment 306505 All the really big mature stags are still brushed up and down in the Canyons. To early for them to start gathering hinds deer yet.

This little fella was out in the food plot playing around in the freshly plowed dirt. He’s this year’s fawn with his first set of antlers. He aughta be a truly magnificent deer in about 5 years. View attachment 306506 View attachment 306502
great pictures.
 
Really excited about this guy and he’s got 2 months of growing left! That drop tine is awesome
C331D63E-2F24-4892-8124-3879EF7B48C6.jpeg
 
My best Red taken free range in Australia, back in 2007. A fantastic hunt and huge bodied stag. 40" long 13 point.

DSCF2569.jpg
 
My Red Stag in Scotland in 2020. Had postponed the trip for a year after being diagnosed with Non Hodgkin's lymphoma. 5 months of chemo, 18 radiation treatments, and a year later I was ready to go. Trip of a lifetime!

260.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My Red Stag in Scotland in 2020. Had postponed the trip for a year after being diagnosed with Non Hodgkin's lymphoma. 5 months of chemo, 18 radiation treatments, and a year later I was ready to go. Trip of a lifetime!

Thankful you beat that crap and got back on the hill. You don’t see many stags like that being harvested in Scotland. What estate were you on?
 
It was next to the Glenfiddich estate. And thanks for the well wishes. I had always put off traveling overseas for hunting until later in life. No more. I went to South Frica last year for plains game, and my wife hunted a Ibex in Spain this past spring.
 
It was next to the Glenfiddich estate. And thanks for the well wishes. I had always put off traveling overseas for hunting until later in life. No more. I went to South Frica last year for plains game, and my wife hunted an Ibex in Spain this past spring.
Excellent! No one gets out of this life alive. Better to make the most of it while we can.
 
Australian red stag. Brisbane Valley still the original herd from 1873 gifted from Queen Victoria. Primarly Scottish/English bloodlines and we call the bush stags.

This particular one was least 8 years old aged by his teeth. This is how i got taught to age, look at thickness of coronets how low they are , facial forehead curls and then teeth - The full set of teeth emerge by the time they are 3.5 (three pre molars, then three double molars and a cusp at the back) By the time they are 6, the cusp should be "islandised (or ground to where the infeldibumul is like a circle in the middle) and by 10, the first permanent molar is ground flat or almost flat.

20210409_130154.jpg
20210409_130215.jpg
20210409_130207.jpg
20210409_073909.jpg
20210414_145750.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,283
Messages
1,571,674
Members
169,394
Latest member
HCTStuart9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top