333 Jeffery barrel dimensions

Finally making some good headway on the .333 Jeffery.

Stock is almost ready for the first of many alkanet drinks.

IMG_3842.jpg


IMG_3843.jpg


Then a few little tweaks on the metal work ...

and on to blueing. :A Thumbs Up:
 
When I rust blued the Siamese Mauser 416WSM the laser etched "416WSM" disappeared!
Bob then laser etched the 416WSM again on the blued surface. Laser etching is just that, and not as deep as stamping or proper chisel engraving.
 
Finally making some good headway on the .333 Jeffery.

Stock is almost ready for the first of many alkanet drinks.

View attachment 721199

View attachment 721200

Then a few little tweaks on the metal work ...

and on to blueing. :A Thumbs Up:
Looks great. You may want to consider nitre bluing the bolt release spring and action screws if you are interested is a little snazzier look
 
Looks great. You may want to consider nitre bluing the bolt release spring and action screws if you are interested is a little snazzier look

Thanks @318AE - I've been tossing up whether / what to colour case harden / nitre. My gunsmith does a good job on the process.

Flag safety, shroud and grip cap can also look good.

So much for what I originally envisaged as a 'working rifle' :ROFLMAO:

Thanks @rifletuner - latest update...

I'm underway with stock colouring using local Australian made, secret famiily recipe, 6 month steeped alkanet oil - coming up OK so far.

2 stock 20 Nov 25.jpg


stock 20 Nov 25.jpg



IMG_4383.jpg
 
Did some pre-checkering field trials.

The irons seem good at 50m.

IMG_5571.jpeg


Managed to stop a charging juice bottle. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_5585.jpeg


Then bagged a management hare.

IMG_5581.jpeg
 
there is a wax in the Auctioneer's Promise finishing oil i used, that can just be re-applied as needed

and i also use Renaissance wax - it is also good for metalwork as well, like the Gillys

the Gillys looks good - I hadn’t see that before
 
Last edited:
Tin Tin . that is a beautiful looking rifle, great work,a nice piece of wood is that a Hatcher stock? I have just restocked my 9.3x62 with a Hatcher stock & that stock finish from marybrough,
.

Thanks Richard - took a while but a good result.

Yep the stock is one of Cam's.

A fully Queensland solution. :-)

Yours sounds great - have you posted any pics and I missed them?
 
Thanks Richard - took a while but a good result.

Yep the stock is one of Cam's.

A fully Queensland solution.

Yours sounds great - have you posted any pics and I missed them?

Cam's stocks always seem to have enough figure to make the finish worth all the extra hours. That Queensland combo has come together nicely.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,854
Members
169,444
Latest member
TiffinyObr
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top