Really light .30 caliber bullets

cash_tx

AH elite
Joined
Sep 6, 2021
Messages
1,876
Reaction score
6,435
Media
7
Articles
1
Interesting find in the reloading stash this week. I think these might be the lightest .30 caliber bullets I've seen, and certainly lighter than anything I've ever loaded or shot in the past with 308 Winchester, 7.62x39, 30-06 Springfield, or 308 Norma Magnum. Reloading data on the Internet seems to be pretty sparse; the smallest .30 caliber bullet I can find data for is 100 gr. I'd be curious to know if any other members have loaded a bullet this light in a .30 caliber rifle.

Norma_30cal_93gr_1.jpg


Norma_30cal_93gr_2.jpg


Norma_30cal_93gr_3.jpg
 
I'd say that those were primarily for the .30 Carbine.

When I was thinking of picking up a Ruger Blackhawk in 30 Carbine I think that I saw bullets available for it as light as in the low 90 grains.
 
I'd say that those were primarily for the .30 Carbine.

When I was thinking of picking up a Ruger Blackhawk in 30 Carbine I think that I saw bullets available for it as light as in the low 90 grains.

Almost certainly for 30 carbine… I agree with @JimP

It’s been 30 years…but back in the early 90’s I loaded thousands of 30 carbine with 100gr round nose projectiles.
 
I don't have a 30 Carbine anymore and don't foresee a use for them, so I'll probably just use them as Pay It Forward fodder.
 
30 carbine for sure lightest for me has been a 100 gr v max in a 308 o/u for predators.
 
I had great luck with 100gr CEB raptors on whitetail out of .308 Win. Debating using those on black bear in alaska this fall vs a 130gr CEB raptor or 165gr TTSX. So many choices...
 
Looks like a cool collector item for display to me. . .
 
I have an M1 carbine, and I agree those look like .30 Carbine bullets. I only buy factory rounds and they’re 108 grains, but I’m intrigued about the FPS pickup from a slightly lighter bullet.
 
In the late 1960/early 1970, there were 100 gr jacketed bullets for plinking and varmint shooting with 308w & 30/06.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,046
Members
169,484
Latest member
DessieHarp
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top