Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BGRC PFRC & SSAA
Hunted
Australia (WA & NT), Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa
G'day all!

Not sure if this is the right area to post this, but here goes! Just having a thought about the recent furore and opposition by the "anti gun/hunting" mob towards President Trump rolling back the laws concerning importing elephant trophies, and putting this out for your info and suggestions.

As an AH member, but not an American citizen, I think we'd gain a measure of weight if all of us showed fraternal support in such issues concerning hunting. Though this concerns American members in particular, the fact remains that without a degree of fraternal support we all face the steady worldwide erosion of our sport.

From this perspective I think as a large international body we must be at the very least be a measurable force, a body of informed opinion, (or economic influence) that could prevent the insidious "salami tactics" - that must undoubtedly be presently continuing in isolation in every country - at work towards eradicating legitimate hunting and firearm ownership worldwide.

Therefore, as a non-American hunter and sportsman I was wondering if there would be a positive worth if we all contacted President Trump as a demonstration of our fraternal support? Who cares if we're not actual citizens! But the fact remains that they might actually start taking a care, if they knew that such changes were going to prevent me spending thousands of dollars on my next hunt in their country as a result?

In short I believe we must make the politicians, public and those "antis" realise the basic economic fact of our sport: that once you place a monetary value on a trophy animal, it then becomes someone else's ongoing and future livliehood which is in their self-interest to preserve for the future. It is upon this basic unassailable fact that entire safari industries, and an associated wider employment, is based. Because it remains that if one country's activists starts to impinge upon the hunting rights of that country's citizens, it's only a matter of time before those "anti" lobbyists and the rest of the international anti hunting/gun campaigners coalesce their resources, jump on the band wagon - and by using those same "salami tactics" - force their agendas elsewhere in the world.

A couple of good illustrations, exemplified by "Animals Australia" - who's CEO is an ex police woman cum bambi hugger - can sufgice. This Australian organisation currently campaigns against abbatoirs and chicken battery installations in soveriegn south asian countries without restraint. Similarly, too this organisation effectively destroyed the cattle industry in the far north of Australis by condemning live exports. This caused widespread unemployment, loss og business and familirs homes! But Animals Australia didn't give a toss about the human cost did they? Though these examples are not hunting related, Animals Australia's activities and effects remain the same. In another case I sent their CEO an email, which I believe effectively stopped their "recreational shooters killing foxes and rabbits for fun" campaign. Basically I pointed out those species were not native fauna, and where the authorities themselves in every instance had also failed every attempt at eradication.

I know this post is quite long, but I do believe we owe it to our sport and ourselves in the long run, to show a unified fraternal presence to any moves by a country which involves restricting/preventing our legitimate sport.

If you read this far - I'm impressed! - and would welcome any members comments and suggestions. Thanks!

I understand that a proposal in place that would limit the ability of the U. S Fish and Wildlife to rule on anything other than species native to the United States. If that becomes a reality, all of the existing rules on foreign hunting and trophy importation would be moot. These activities would be regulated by C.I.T.I.E.S.
I'm hoping that effort becomes a reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross