Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF
Hunted
RSA, Zimbabwe
Good evening friends! Well –it has been somewhat of a depressing weekend because I was supposed to have left yesterday for Namibia to leopard hunt. Anyway – I plan on rescheduling for next year however there are multiple questions I would like to pose to this group.

I know that some Americans have already put boots on the ground in Tanzania and Zambia since August 1. So, what is the reentry protocol for quarantine back into the United States? Is it a mandatory two weeks at your home once you finally get to your final destination? Or can you go ahead and immediately take a COVID-19 PCR test when you get back and if it’s negative, not have to quarantine? I am also guessing that you have to talk with your employer because I don’t think that it’s a mandatory quarantine – it’s voluntary – but I’m not completely sure on that. Does anyone know for sure?

I’d also like to know what some of you think about potentially trying to go over to Africa this year versus waiting till next year. I know that the vaccines will not have been made available obviously by then. That’s if you are willing to take the vaccine. But there are many that I have kind of spoken with that think that eventually proof of vaccination will be required upon entry when traveling internationally. Therefore, would some consider going either in October or November (while still voting for Trump in November )? I can just only imagine that international travel rules and regulations may only become more difficult as time goes on as crazy as it is to think of it that way. My also concern is that getting Mr. spots home to the US if in fact ole Joe Biden and his crony Kamala Harris would actually win in November. There’s no telling what they would do with the US Fish and wildlife service!

I was scheduled to fly from Dallas to Doha Qatar and then onto Windhoek yesterday and then back to same route. Are they flying that route currently? I was just told by a good friend who thinks that they are not flying from Doha to Windhoek directly – they are going through Johannesburg right now in connection to Windhoek. l I love Qatar Airlines- had a great experience with them last fall when I went to Zimbabwe by way of JoBurg on SAA. But I need to know if they are flying directly into Namibia from Doha. I don’t know if you can even get out of Johannesburg in connection.

Which brings up another thought – flying through Europe such as Frankfurt Germany on Lufthansa or KLM directly into Windhoek. I don’t know as if you being American can fly into Europe if it’s only in connection to Namibia (not leaving the airport).

I’m also guessing as well as I think I’ve read in a few places that you have to have been tested within 72 hours prior to departure from the US and be negative and show that as proof before you can fly. Can anyone validate this?

I think these are all very good and reasonable questions to ask. I’m just concerned about the future of leopard importation into the US and that is actually why I moved up the leopard hunt a year and Swiss supposed to have gone now. There had been some talk at the conventions back in January and February before all this craziness happened that leopard maybe next- The Way of the dodo bird just like lion and elephant when it comes to importation. And that is especially true if creepy Joe gets elected.

Any thoughts and input would be greatly appreciated!

You should contact a travel agent that deals primarily with hunters such as @TRAVEL EXPRESS .

You should contact a travel agent that deals primarily with hunters such as @TRAVEL EXPRESS .

I’m going to be calling Lori tomorrow. Just thought I would throw this in many of the questions out there for those that have either experienced This firsthand here very recently or have heard from people that have.

I'm planning on going to Beirut in November and wondering some of the same things. We'll be going through Frankfurt. From what I can tell, there is no quarantine on return.

I’m going to be calling Lori tomorrow. Just thought I would throw this in many of the questions out there for those that have either experienced This firsthand here very recently or have heard from people that have.

I'm going to call them too. Travel Express was very helpful on my safari last year!

I'm going to call them too. Travel Express was very helpful on my safari last year!

Yes- Lori and Jennifer are fantastic!! I used Travel Express last year on my trip to Zimbabwe and based upon previous trips to Africa on safari, I will not go any other way then always using Travel Express

Wondering the same also buddy!

I did confirm that US citizens as of 8/14/20 could not transit through Germany.

I really hope someone here knows some of the first hunters who went to TZ or Zambia in the last few weeks alone can all get some feedback!

Wondering the same also buddy!

I did confirm that US citizens as of 8/14/20 could not transit through Germany.

I really hope someone here knows some of the first hunters who went to TZ or Zambia in the last few weeks alone can all get some feedback!
You are correct. Americans cannot transit through Europe until the number of virus infections go much lower than they are now.

Going nowhere until at least next year and only a slim maybe at that. I sure as heck would not now book a trip for anytime next year with all of the unknowable's still out there.

All of which can change tomorrow.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 21.13.15.png

Still so many "unknowns" unfortunately! As of now, US Citizens cannot enter or transit through the EU but Dubai, Doha and Addis Ababa (Emirates, Qatar, Ethiopian Air) are fine. I know Qatar transit time is 12 hours or less.
We do have two passenger that traveled to Zambia last week and I talked to one of them and he had no trouble with his entry there with negative COVID test. We have clients scheduled to travel to Tanzania this next weekend.
I hear that Namibian operators are waiting for a list of countries that will be allowed entry there. I'm not sure the US will be on that list but time will tell.
All this is subject to change, of course :Sour:

Last edited by a moderator:
Still so many "unknowns" unfortunately! As of now, US Citizens cannot enter or transit through the EU but Dubai, Doha and Addis Ababa (Emirates, Qatar, Ethiopian Air) are fine. I know Qatar transit time is 12 hours or less.
We do have two passenger that traveled to Zambia last week and I talked to one of them and he had no trouble with his entry there with negative COVID test. We have clients scheduled to travel to Tanzania this next weekend.
I hear that Namibian operators are waiting for a list of countries that will be allowed entry there. I'm not sure the US will be on that last but time will tell.
All this is subject to change, of course :Sour:

Thanks for the update! A few interested folks here including myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg