I totally agree but I see a bearer carrying this contraption in the bush and trying to get all of this to work before someone can take a shot......what a disaster that would be ....

I totally agree but I see a bearer carrying this contraption in the bush and trying to get all of this to work before someone can take a shot......what a disaster that would be ....
Here is a picture of the Leica HD-B 3000 compared to other items. No difference in size compared to their non-range finder binos of comparable size and quality. A bearer is not needed for these. I carry mine cross body on my right hip because my rifle is on my slung on my left shoulder. Rifle carried barrel forward and pointing up, being controlled by my left hand. This leaves my right hand to grab the binos as necessary and not take my hand off my rifle.
1618171755904.png

They feel like regular binos, you grab them and there’s a button under your finger. You press the button it displays information, you don’t press the button and they work like any other quality binoculars, cost aside, what is the drawback?

I have the 3200.com, I really like them. Good glass, they work with AB. Them pairing with AB was a requirement for me. I think the sig BDX range finder function is as good, glass however is not. I could glass for hours in the mountains and my eyes felt no fatigue. I have not looked at the new vortex line that pairs with AB. At this point in time I have no reason to. I had a problem with the 3200s connecting with 5700, I got in touch with customer service. They had me lined out in no time. I needed an update, it was simple.

If money was an issue I would look hard at the vortex line. I am not going to say the 3200s are 2k better than the sigs and 1.5k better then the vortex line. It really depends on what matters most at the time to you. All 3 will range further than most people and equipment are able to shoot. I was ranging cliffs at 3753 yards. That was the limit I found in those conditions, bright sun, in Colorado in October.

The only other range finder that I know will range further is a vectronix they are BA but if you think these manufactures mentioned in the thread are bad haha you do want to try these guys out.

Cool. Bluetooth?
Yes Bluetooth now. The swaro El range can program 3 different calibers. When I elk hunt we frequently have a dawn or dusk shot and have to move quickly. Elk walk fast, so when I see them, I end up running to try and get less than a 400 yard shot before they disappear into the timber. Taking the mental calculation out of having to do ballistics math is (will be) a big help.
Here is a photo of some of the area they traverse. It is a real chess game to get to the right place at the right time. The closer the better, obviously, but the game population is nothing like Africa so practice and proficiency at 400 yards is really helpful.

BF97CDB2-5A9B-4B27-9425-6D43E8228C8D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you are not familiar with exactly what we are talking about. When the binos are set up and you are familiar with them it is one touch and then dial.
sure I agree if it is normal distances there is no need for any of this. It is not just mountain hunting that this technology would be good for. I had been in Zim for two weeks before I saw a bushbuck. Then saw one at 360 yards. Would have been nice to click, dial, and shoot!
I agree with your sentiment that technology can and has gotten out of hand but this is not that.
Regards
Philip

Y
They feel like regular binos, you grab them and there’s a button under your finger. You press the button it displays information, you don’t press the button and they work like any other quality binoculars, cost aside, what is the drawback?
You are right

I have the 3200.com, I really like them. Good glass, they work with AB. Them pairing with AB was a requirement for me. I think the sig BDX range finder function is as good, glass however is not. I could glass for hours in the mountains and my eyes felt no fatigue. I have not looked at the new vortex line that pairs with AB. At this point in time I have no reason to. I had a problem with the 3200s connecting with 5700, I got in touch with customer service. They had me lined out in no time. I needed an update, it was simple.

If money was an issue I would look hard at the vortex line. I am not going to say the 3200s are 2k better than the sigs and 1.5k better then the vortex line. It really depends on what matters most at the time to you. All 3 will range further than most people and equipment are able to shoot. I was ranging cliffs at 3753 yards. That was the limit I found in those conditions, bright sun, in Colorado in October.

The only other range finder that I know will range further is a vectronix they are BA but if you think these manufactures mentioned in the thread are bad haha you do want to try these guys out.
Thanks

I spoke with Europtic about these binos. What I got from them is that although AB is the gold standard the others software is catching up very quickly. Swaro has their own software and it is reportedly very good. The binos would be for hunting obviously and not for shooting gongs at 1200 yards. At the range the Kestrel Elite would be the obvious choice. Since this is all so new I suppose very few folks actually know what the difference is between AB and Swaros own ballistics software.
The Swaros are out of stock most places and quite a bit more than the Leicas.
What to do?

I spoke with Europtic about these binos. What I got from them is that although AB is the gold standard the others software is catching up very quickly. Swaro has their own software and it is reportedly very good. The binos would be for hunting obviously and not for shooting gongs at 1200 yards. At the range the Kestrel Elite would be the obvious choice. Since this is all so new I suppose very few folks actually know what the difference is between AB and Swaros own ballistics software.
The Swaros are out of stock most places and quite a bit more than the Leicas.
What to do?
What kind of shooting do you do? If you don't shoot past 400-500 yards. Well you will probably be okay with Swarovski. If you plan to shoot longer ranges then AB can always be bought via a kestrel which IMHO is going to be required for longer ranges do to atmospheric conditions along with wind....got to love that wind.

I don't know how simple or complex Swarovski solver is. I wonder if it's like the ballistic turrets some people sell? Yeah it's good enough up close but as conditions change so does your bullets trajectory.

YMMV

What kind of shooting do you do? If you don't shoot past 400-500 yards. Well you will probably be okay with Swarovski. If you plan to shoot longer ranges then AB can always be bought via a kestrel which IMHO is going to be required for longer ranges do to atmospheric conditions along with wind....got to love that wind.

I don't know how simple or complex Swarovski solver is. I wonder if it's like the ballistic turrets some people sell? Yeah it's good enough up close but as conditions change so does your bullets trajectory.

YMMV
It is the same system that takes all the environmental data into account like the Leica’s it just has its own software.
Of course to measure and accurately hold for wind a Kestrel is a must and I have one.
Still contemplating.

It is the same system that takes all the environmental data into account like the Leica’s it just has its own software.
Of course to measure and accurately hold for wind a Kestrel is a must and I have one.
Still contemplating.
Does your kestrel have link? For the leica to talk to the kestrel it must have link, just a FYI. Kestrel just came out with a new model it of course is a few hundred more... supposed to be faster. But now we talking 850.00 for just it.

Does your kestrel have link? For the leica to talk to the kestrel it must have link, just a FYI. Kestrel just came out with a new model it of course is a few hundred more... supposed to be faster. But now we talking 850.00 for just it.
Yes I have the Kestrel Elite. I got it at the SAAM shooting school as it was included in the Advanced Precision class. It was nice to get to learn how to use it from the pros!

One of my hunting friends, just got the Vortex bino with the range finder in it. Once he had it set up with his 6.5 PRC it was good out to 800 yards so far. Nice outfit. Only con it is heavy, but l haven’t been around the others to compare

I am just back from a safari in the Eastern Cape. I took an Nyala at 500 yards and an ostrich on the move at 410 yards. The Swaro binos combined with my Z8 scope on my R8 made it all quite easy.
I do need some help however. Now I am headed to AK for moose and I am trying to set up my .375 Ruger with Leupold VX6. The Swaro App only shows Swaro scopes. What do I do to program my scope and my load? I am unable to find this info anywhere.
Philip
@Tra3

Philip, do you have a mil reticle/dials in your swaro, or moa? Are you dialing for elevation and holding for wind, or what?

I am just back from a safari in the Eastern Cape. I took an Nyala at 500 yards and an ostrich on the move at 410 yards. The Swaro binos combined with my Z8 scope on my R8 made it all quite easy.
I do need some help however. Now I am headed to AK for moose and I am trying to set up my .375 Ruger with Leupold VX6. The Swaro App only shows Swaro scopes. What do I do to program my scope and my load? I am unable to find this info anywhere.
Philip
@Tra3
Simple solution, get a Swaro scope for your 375RUGER. Problem solved. :cool: I'm thinking a Z8i 1-8x24 should work quite well.

If you are feeling bad about how much it costs, sell the VX6 to fund the upgrade.

My answer would be to get a mil based scope such as the Bushy Elite LRHS/LRTS, Nightforce NX8, or such, both of which are amongst the toughest on the planet, and be done with it. Doesn't matter what bullet, cartridge, load your shooting you can use it.

My answer would be to get a mil based scope such as the Bushy Elite LRHS/LRTS, Nightforce NX8, or such, both of which are amongst the toughest on the planet, and be done with it. Doesn't matter what bullet, cartridge, load your shooting you can use it.
I do appreciate your style, the problem he will run into is length of scope for the action. I bought a NX8 1X8 to go on my 375H&H it was to short to fit the action, the 2.5X20 no way that's going to happen, 4X32 fit on my 28 Nosler but that's a lot of scope.

I also have a VX6 and would rather put a 1x8 Swarovski on that rifle. The difference in resolution is worth the investment IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross