Question About Malarone

@IdaRam , he felt as though he was in a bit of a haze. I have little confidence we will ever hunt elephant again.

I had malaria 3 weeks ago, 3 days on coartem and I was fit. Would rather have 3 days of malaria than the terrible side effects I eventually got from Lariam.

@bassasdaindia is right, malarone is the best.
Yikes, sorry to hear it, but glad you're back to "normal" :D
And I was afraid that was going to be the response on the ele.
Let me guess, the nasty side effects you had with Larium involved @Royal27 hunting Duiker with DGX's? These be the things of nightmares! :eek:

On a recent trip to Tanzania 5 of us took Malarone. Three had no side effects, one had the weird dreams etc. and one couldn't finish a sentence because they were so confused they forgot what they were trying to say. The two with problems quit taking it. Not a scientific sample, but probably representative of all the Malaria meds and how they work for some people, but not all.

There are a number of malarone prescriptions

Suggest you see your gp

Reactions can vary from next to nothing to severe itches - blistering etc

Overall seek medical advice

You really don't want to be in the middle of nowhere with a severe reaction etc
Thank you, definitely solid advice @Dr Ray (y)
Before I went on this recent trip, I went to St Lukes Travel Clinic and they were really great. I took Malarone for a few weeks. Didn't really seem to notice anything terrrible while I was taking it, but after stopping I gradually felt better and better. Like coming out of a fog. I'm really not convinced it had anything to do with the malarone, it may have just been a long stretch without much sleep and also a bit of a cold. I'm not going to blame the malarone, but I will be paying attention next time and see if malarone causes me to get "foggy" again.

My wife and I used Malarone in 2011 for Zimbabwe and 2016 in Mozambique. Started 1 or 2 days before we left, every day in-country and then 7 or 10 days afterwards. Neither of us had any side effects. Both hunts were later in the season. We used 60 sun block regardless of taking the malarone.

@IdaRam, I think the cherp about @Royal27 with blue duiker, DGX combined with Lariam was below the belt. :cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, but ya gotta take the shot you have :D

@Royal27 , seriously what's new!!!!

@Royal27 , seriously what's new!!!!

Used Malarone last September, both my brother and noticed slightly more vivid dreaming, but then again we where in Africa for the first time. I will definitely use it again, didn't seem to bother me much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattieHayw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,