Proper setup?

That is essentially what I do. I have a couple of 3-D deer targets that I practice on when it is getting close to game time. I have my own '12 ring' right up the front leg, about 1/3 of the way up the body....

Great minds think alike.

I checked them out and what they have to offer is right up my alley. Price is a bit steep due to the shipping so about $52 for one target(includes shipping). I think the way to go would be to order a few at a time.

Thanks for finding this out

View attachment 185676

http://www.gcarchery.com/2012/07/06/snap-shot-african-game-image-roll/

Another online gig I found. A little pricey. About $115 for six African game animals. Still cheaper than a 3D target

Screenshot (261).png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dittos on Tom's suggestion using the Safari Targets. The difference between the sweet spots on deer sized African Animals and American White-tails is about 2" so in all reality the "used up" 3 D Deer targets are a good bet as well. The front on shots the 2 D targets present is fairly indicative of the shots I had with a rifle. I doubt the animals know you are using a bow.

In reality the difference between non-African animals ans African animals is minimal. The problem in the US is our targets,,which often seem to be based more on center of mass. I almost bought a Glen-Dell 3-D buck for a great deal once but I looked at it's target and the silly thing had me high scoring in the stomach. This picture by the International Bowhunters Education Foundation shows a whitetail in real life. Not really any different than an impala or blesbok. Straight up from the legs and 1/3 from the base of the chest.
full

The Morrell sheep is decent, the deer and a couple others are poor.
Understand anatomy, aim where it should actually go and you'll do fine over there as well as at home.

To be fair, nothing to brag about....

It was a feral dog that was chasing (and killing) deers....:mad:

40 m shot... impressive blood trail for such a little animal (Grim Reaper broadhead)

First year hunting with the Easton Axis...using FMJ before. They will go to Africa with me in august!

041.JPG
043.JPG
044.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!