Prince Harry sells his Purdey rifles

An English friend said the old take away meal of fish and chips is now replaced with chips and curry. ...

About a decade ago I was in Amsterdam by the river. Couple of British teenagers were chatting and one of them said he couldn't wait to get home and have some good ole English food, chips and curry.

I went to a public British boarding school in the 70s. The country is completely different now.

My wife and I have been married for 5 years and together for 10. She is a "city girl" that had no interest in hunting, fishing, or outdoors and still doesn't. But on our first date, I told her these were passions of mine and that would never change; If she had a problem with it, say so up front and let's move on. Otherwise, know that I will go on trips and continue my lifestyle and she is welcome to join or not. ... we've happily enjoyed doing some things together and other things on our own, and struck the balance in not trying to change each other. Even on our honeymoon in Maui, she had a spa day while I went deep sea fishing; then we did a sunset dinner cruise.

We both stay happy and true to ourselves. Nothing better!

My wife and I have been married for 5 years and together for 10. She is a "city girl" that had no interest in hunting, fishing, or outdoors and still doesn't. But on our first date, I told her these were passions of mine and that would never change; If she had a problem with it, say so up front and let's move on. Otherwise, know that I will go on trips and continue my lifestyle and she is welcome to join or not. ... we've happily enjoyed doing some things together and other things on our own, and struck the balance in not trying to change each other. Even on our honeymoon in Maui, she had a spa day while I went deep sea fishing; then we did a sunset dinner cruise.

The exact same "contract" has worked great for us for 37 years. And we are still romantically involved. Were it not for viral complications, I would have been hunting the Kamchatka in May and we would have been doing a European river cruise in October. As a result, next year we have a packed calendar - some together - some not. While in Costa Rica in March, I fought sailfish and she spent the day at the spa.

The exact same "contract" has worked great for us for 37 years. And we are still romantically involved. Were it not for viral complications, I would have been hunting the Kamchatka in May and we would have been doing a European river cruise in October. As a result, next year we have a packed calendar - some together - some not. While in Costa Rica in March, I fought sailfish and she spent the day at the spa.

Jeez Joe you never going to make it here......:E No::D

...Were it not for viral complications,... we would have been doing a European river cruise in October...

My mother loves those. Last year she did two of them in Russia, one in Germany and another in France. She loves to travel. The only trip she did this year due to the virus was Spain and Portugal with my daughter for her birthday end of January, she had some more river trips scheduled, but all canceled now while she is hunkering down at the family farm.

Jeez Joe you never going to make it here......:E No::D
Ah come on Mike. What I am not spending on lawyers and judgements, I'm using on guns and hunting (and really good scotch) ....... just saying. :E Dancing:;)

Same here.... Married 22+ years. She is totally cool with all of my "adventures". She doesn't participate.... However, occasionally she will go out to the Rockin' G Ranch, because it is very nice & plenty of stuff for her to do, if even just relax. She has been very unopposed to me raising my kids, especially my daughter, in the outdoors. My little girl loves to hunt, fish, hike, explore, etc.

A good Irish friend of mine told me over 55 years ago that, regarding women: "The F&$kin you be gettin ain't worth the F&$kin you be gettin!" sorry for the profanity but that is exactly what he said. Too bad this English didn't have a good Irish friend.

Red Leg...sounds familiar. We've done our together trips and our away trips for 34 years. I was active duty when we married and I told her that one thing that attracted me to her was that I didn't have to "raise" her. I knew that when I was deployed she would be able to take care of herself. Fortunately, she fell in love with Africa when we finally made our first trip in 2014. Now we have a hard time picking someplace else to go in between returns to Namibia.

Markle boy will need the cash as his lot must be burning through cash at a rapid rate.

A real shame he's packed it in; he might have had enough shooting in Afghan though.

Just as the royals wiped ot Edward, so too they must just wipe out Harry. He chose to leave, he is gone. Lets have more pictures of Kate carrying a brace of pheasants!

His grandmother used to hunt deer

Prince Charles is an accomplished stalker; I read an account that he often guides his guests and then grallochs the deer himself. He also is also pretty good with a shotgun; I understand he uses a 28 gauge for driven grouse. Prince Philip was very keen, but I assume age is against him now. The Queen has a strong interest in gundogs and picks-up on driven shoots. Prince William also shoots and understands that hunting and conservation go hand-in-hand. All is not lost.
The big problem in the UK, and I'm saying this as an Englishman, is that our society is now driven by political correctness and hypocrisy. People will vehemently criticise hunting whilst happily eating meat and wearing leather; do they not realise that these are animal products? I will respect the decision of vegetarian or a vegan, but not that of someone who eats meat and deludes themselves about how it is produced.

An example of how stupid things have got; there is a village in England that has been called 'Wool' for over a thousand years. PETA requested in 2018 that the name was changed to 'Vegan Wool' as the original name promotes hideous animal cruelty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross