Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo, South Africa; Omay, Zimbabwe; Czech Republic; Mexico; Texas; New Mexico; Colorado
I thought a few of out SA outfits might freak if they could get these prices . I pulled it off a FB post.

0EAB5EE4-15C9-45A7-963B-ED4FB2CEB4F5.jpeg

Certainly not defending it but if you factor in other costs, the equation changes a bit.
- The price of flights to Africa
- 2 extra days off work for travel
- Trophy shipping and custom clearing
- The economic benefit of an eland's worth of meat.

I'll still travel because at the end of the day, I hunt for the experience.

You have to take in at least three animals or more
No one flies to africa and shoots 1 animal

No one flies to africa and shoots 1 animal
Many do.
single animal safaris often are: leopard, buffalo, rhino, elephant, lion. I have seen single animal deals on sable and roan as well.
Could be found some more.

Many do.
single animal safaris often are: leopard, buffalo, rhino, elephant, lion. I have seen single animal deals on sable and roan as well.
Could be found some more.

You know what i meant
They listed plains game in the prices there
So obviously i was referring to that. So if u want to draw a parallel then u shoukd take the cost of 4 or 5 of these animals in texas and compare it to a 7 day plains game safari in africa with same 4 or 5 animals
Obviously people come to africa for a single big five hunt or very expensive hunt

africa still offers a better deal,at least for me. six trips and i,ll make one more before i die(i hope). i have killed eight of the animals listed along with seven other animals not listed and all were at far better prices. but its your dollar spent it as you want.

Certainly not defending it but if you factor in other costs, the equation changes a bit.
- The price of flights to Africa
- 2 extra days off work for travel
- Trophy shipping and custom clearing
- The economic benefit of an eland's worth of meat.

I'll still travel because at the end of the day, I hunt for the experience.
These are all valid counterpoints, particularly the meat component. While the trophies would still be conversation pieces, some of the allure (in my opinion) would be lost when you told your guests they were from TX, not Africa.

Where do I sign up?
e-lol.gif
On one hunt, springbok started at $75 and the next went down $5 to $25 minimum. I killed 14 and some were mountable trophies. Yeah, I'll take one of those Texas versions for $6500.
e-lol.gif

Those prices may be intended for folks with more money than sense.

My family has taken 3 Nilgai here in Texas and the total trophy fee was less than the fee listed above for one Nilgai. A couple of months ago my son and I shot Blackbuck (small African antelope) and the price was $500 for the first and the second one free! Drove down and back in one day and returned with a cooler full of meat after a fun shoot with friends followed by a belly full of tasty hamburgers.

As usual, there can be a BIG difference between opportunities. BTW my main reason for going was to shoot something with my newly regulated .45-90 DR --- Dead on out at 45 and 100 yards!

Yeah, those prices are probably some of the highest you can find. I shot a Watusi for 1500.00, it was a meat hunt,, have seen trophy go for 2500.00 Nalgai are like the gentleman said above me way less money.

This is like buying houses it's all about location location location.

I think they meant the biggest eland you’ll see in Texas . I’m not sure how many hunts they actually sell but I know at live auction kudu cows are going for avg $15k and bulls $10-12k.

sure wish I could catch a herd in SA and fly them over

These are all valid counterpoints, particularly the meat component. While the trophies would still be conversation pieces, some of the allure (in my opinion) would be lost when you told your guests they were from TX, not Africa.
This.

I want to hunt Africa and high fenced hunting of non-indigenous animals in Texas isn't something that appeals to me in any way.

Speaking of Kudu, the first Kudu that I saw in Texas was on the ranch at Hondo and they were in the edges of a Mesquite forest and difficult to spot. Once spotted, I made out a small group watching us drive by on a two track. Less than 100 yards away, it would have been an easy shot, but I already have trophy Kudu horns on the wall. The Water buff that we saw were in a group of about ten animals and had a couple of BIG bulls in it. WE DID NOT DAWDLE THERE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois