Pre 64 Model 70 Easter egg hunt

220swifty

New member
Joined
Apr 30, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
4
Hello,

My name is Ben Spence, and I’m reaching out with a sincere request regarding a very meaningful personal project.

I’ve loved pre-64 Model 70s since I was a kid. My dad has a Featherweight chambered in .270, and it’s the rifle I learned to hunt with. That rifle shaped not only my appreciation for craftsmanship, but also some of my best memories in the field. Ever since, I’ve wanted to build one of my own.

I’m currently in the process of putting together a pre-64 Model 70 Featherweight-style rifle in .220 Swift using a standard action. I’ve sourced nearly all of the components and am having a custom barrel made by Krieger to match the original Featherweight contour as closely as possible.

At this point, I’m down to the final pieces: a magazine box and follower spring compatible with this setup. These parts have proven incredibly difficult to track down.

I’m writing to respectfully ask—if you happen to have one available, or know of one—I would be grateful if you’d keep me in mind. I’m more than willing to purchase at fair market value. This is a personal build with a lot of meaning behind it, and not something that will ever be resold.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I truly appreciate any help or direction you might be able to offer.

Best regards,
Ben Spence
 
try Pre64win.com
 
I’m sure pre64win.com has what you need and would be very helpful with completing the project if you need.
 
Try eBay, quite a few pre 64 magazine boxes listed.
Thank you, ive been watching ebay closely, unfortunately the magazine box i need is the #6 box that were only used in the 300 savage and 220 swift. Pretty rare but come up occasionally.
 
The featherweight unless its 26 inch barrel is too short for the 220 swift .It really knocks the speed off of it in 22 inch barrels .I had a 18.5 inch ruger 77 in 22-250;it was the same speed as a 223 and way too much muzzle blast .
 
Hey, thank you for the reply. The benefit of going with the aftermarket barrell is that it will be the same contour as a featherweight but 26" and 1/14 twist. I wanted to have a unique piece, and was able to buy a Monte Carlo featherweight stock in almost new condition.
 
Might want 1 in 8 twist so your not limited to 55 gr bullets .I just bought a ruger 77 in 220 swift wish it was 1 in 8 so I can use better bullets for longef range then the 220 swift really shines .Its an awesone caliber just needed better faster twist like the 250 sav and 6 mm rem .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,424
Messages
1,575,856
Members
170,404
Latest member
DerrickRed
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top