Pre 64 458

bobdahunter84

AH senior member
Reaction score
I recognize this is an obscure request, but I'm looking for a custom 458 lott with a pre-64 Winchester action. Alternatively I'd be interested in one of the original pre 64 model 70s chambered in 458 win.

I've been monitoring gunbroker, guns international, and guns america for a few months. So thought I'd try this as an alternative. I want it before June when I go to SA, otherwise I'd have one built.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 8.43.15 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 8.43.15 AM Large.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 8.43.16 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 8.43.16 AM Large.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 8.43.18 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 8.43.18 AM Large.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 8.43.19 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 8.43.19 AM Large.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 68
I recognize this is an obscure request, but I'm looking for a custom 458 lott with a pre-64 Winchester action. Alternatively I'd be interested in one of the original pre 64 model 70s chambered in 458 win.

I've been monitoring gunbroker, guns international, and guns america for a few months. So thought I'd try this as an alternative. I want it before June when I go to SA, otherwise I'd have one built.
It sounds like you are set on the pre-64 action, but keep an open mind to an AHR dangerous game rifle in .458 Lott. I thought about selling mine, but have been shooting it every weekend as I am headed to SA in April and fell back in love. . They do pop up from time to time.

Appreciate the post. I actually chatted with them yesterday! Someone cut that stock down according to him. He said length of pull would be a problem for a normal sized man. It's only a quarter inch shorter than my other pre-64s (13.5"), but he seemed concerned that it would be too short for me.
So put a thicker pad on it. Oy.

I do not have what you are seeking. However, I do have a 458L by Dakota (pre REM) I could be convinced to move on from. Let me know if any interest develops.

Pre64 458s only came in super grades. You can buy one for $9000 and up.

A post-64 modern CRF model 70 action can be found in 458 Lott on occasion here and elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that and the price may be quite a bit less.

Appreciate the post. I actually chatted with them yesterday! Someone cut that stock down according to him. He said length of pull would be a problem for a normal sized man. It's only a quarter inch shorter than my other pre-64s (13.5"), but he seemed concerned that it would be too short for me.
Have t thicker pad installed, problem solved.

So slight change of plans. Unfortunately that gun fell through, which is a big bummer. After getting some feedback from some folks, I think the factory original 458 had been re-blued. So nonetheless, I'm still in the market for a 458 Win or 458 Lott if anyone has any cannons they'd like to part with.

@bobdahunter84 If you're interested in expanding your search beyond pre-64 model 70's, I've got a Matrix tuned CZ 550 .458 Lott that I was about to put up for sale. It functions flawlessly, is well balanced, and is very accurate. Send me a PM if interested and I can provide pictures and more information.

PM sent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iwin72

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani