Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunting club, target shooting club, national hunting and shooting organisations
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Just out of couriosity, has anybody used PPU ammo in 375 H&H?
How does it perform?
Accuracy?
Penetration?
Fragmentation?
What game species? (Buffalo?)
What would be expected velocity from their factory ammo?

I have not hunted with the factory loaded stuff, but I use a lot of PPU brass, its the oldest firearm ammuntion manufacturing co. in the world.Its good stuff..The bullets would probably be on par with WW power points or Rem corelokts in that they are not bonded core as far as I know, so I would expect them to penetrate well and expand. Weight would depend on game hunted, 300 gr. for buffalo solids and SP...I doubt that fragmentation bulletrs would be in the scenario for the .375 H&H, Its a large animal caliber..Velocity will be in the 2500 FPS give or take 100 FPS with the 300 gr., 2600 with the 270 gr. Typical factory .375 ammo..Accuracy is totally dependent on your particular rifle, a rifle is an inity unto itself, what is accurate in one .375 or any caliber is inconclusive to any other rifle of the same caliber...

Having not used this particular ammo in my .375, but been using the caliber for 60 years and shot a high number of bufflao, I wouldn't hesitate to use PPU ammo for Buffalo..Id bet dollars to donuts I pretty close to spot on answering your post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne847393

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.