Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunting club, target shooting club, national hunting and shooting organisations
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Just out of couriosity, has anybody used PPU ammo in 375 H&H?
How does it perform?
Accuracy?
Penetration?
Fragmentation?
What game species? (Buffalo?)
What would be expected velocity from their factory ammo?

I have not hunted with the factory loaded stuff, but I use a lot of PPU brass, its the oldest firearm ammuntion manufacturing co. in the world.Its good stuff..The bullets would probably be on par with WW power points or Rem corelokts in that they are not bonded core as far as I know, so I would expect them to penetrate well and expand. Weight would depend on game hunted, 300 gr. for buffalo solids and SP...I doubt that fragmentation bulletrs would be in the scenario for the .375 H&H, Its a large animal caliber..Velocity will be in the 2500 FPS give or take 100 FPS with the 300 gr., 2600 with the 270 gr. Typical factory .375 ammo..Accuracy is totally dependent on your particular rifle, a rifle is an inity unto itself, what is accurate in one .375 or any caliber is inconclusive to any other rifle of the same caliber...

Having not used this particular ammo in my .375, but been using the caliber for 60 years and shot a high number of bufflao, I wouldn't hesitate to use PPU ammo for Buffalo..Id bet dollars to donuts I pretty close to spot on answering your post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineT

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!