Politics

This didn't age well.

Jeffrey Toobin
@JeffreyToobin
·
Sep 15, 2019

Forty percent of the Republican appointees to the Supreme Court have been credibly accused of sexual misconduct. #SCOTUS

Pennsylvania voter trend.

PollWatch

@PollWatch2020

·
1h

1) PENNSYLVANIA Voter Registration Dem-Rep Gap:

2008 Dems advantage over Repubs: 1,236,467 Obama won by: 620,478

2012 D adv over R: 1,135,173 Obama won by: 309,840

2016 D adv over R: 916,274 Trump won by 44,292

2020 (10/19) Dem adv: 700,853 Result:??

North Carolina

PollWatch

@PollWatch2020

·
3h

North Carolina Voter Registration D-R Gap: 2008 Dem edge over Rep: 864,253 Result: Obama won by 14,177

2012 D edge: 818,443 Result: Romney won: 92,004

2016 D edge: 646,246 Result: Trump won: 173,315

2020 (10/17): D edge: 399,214 --

Repubs closed 2016 D-R gap by 247,032

I'm with family now in N C. As we travel about, I see 5 Trump signs for every 2 Biden signs. I actually see more local race signs than Presidential.
I asked my son in law about the military as he is stationed at Camp Lejeune, he tells me 80 to 90% will vote Trump. I asked a few more clarifying questions but he hung in on the estimate. This pleases me as my home state of Oregon is deep blue.

Oregon is deep blue.

Oregon is similar to a lot of states in that the metropolitan areas are dominated by DemonRats while the rural areas lean more Republican. If the Willamette Valley were subtracted from the count the remainder of the state would go Red with the exception of those place where Demonrats from Portland have moved and taken their politics with them, for example, Bend.

The Willamette Valley from Portland to Eugene has dominated politics for eons it seems. Deschutes County has yuppified in the last 30 years and has also turned blue. The Oregon legislature had Dem majorities and a very liberal governor these last two years and they have made some serious attempts at passing some big time environmental legislation. Had it not been for the few Republicans who walked out denying quorum, we'd be in some deep doo doo. They also had some gun control measures in the hoppers as well. All were staved off. I fear what this next election will bring.
You are very correct that the rest of the state is rural and deep red but there are not enough votes here to keep it from being a blue state.

Can any of the Canadians comment on this and clarify what this is about for those of us not up on Canadian law or politics.

1603208084899.png

Can any of the Canadians comment on this and clarify what this is about for those of us not up on Canadian law or politics.

View attachment 372476
The Liberal party of Canada holds a minority government and is trying to get out in front of there leaders corruption. Some opposition parties are asking for an anti corruption task force to investigate. This could be seen as a no confidence issue forcing an election, which the Liberals would stand to lose.

The Liberal party of Canada holds a minority government and is trying to get out in front of there leaders corruption. Some opposition parties are asking for an anti corruption task force to investigate. This could be seen as a no confidence issue forcing an election, which the Liberals would stand to lose.

Thanks for the synopsis. It sounds like there may be more coming out then.

Canadian politics is a complex creature with more that two parties vying for power. If one party doesn’t have a majority of seats it becomes a house of cards for the party with the most seats to keep control. Lots of promises and back room deals.
I wish we had a two party system!

Canadian politics is a complex creature with more that two parties vying for power. If one party doesn’t have a majority of seats it becomes a house of cards for the party with the most seats to keep control. Lots of promises and back room deals.
I wish we had a two party system!

Understand. I'm glad we have a two party system. Should Trump win, I fear the Democratic party might split into a far left and a more centrist party. Long term this would not be good for the Republic.

It may be the other way around, they are swinging hard towards him. The Democrats are not only a rudderless ship, but a sinking ship. Ideals soon fade in the light of reality, and that reality is the post covid rebuild. Neither Joe, nor the smirking Kamala can tackle that task, everyone knows it.

I'm with family now in N C. As we travel about, I see 5 Trump signs for every 2 Biden signs. I actually see more local race signs than Presidential.
I asked my son in law about the military as he is stationed at Camp Lejeune, he tells me 80 to 90% will vote Trump. I asked a few more clarifying questions but he hung in on the estimate. This pleases me as my home state of Oregon is deep blue.
Yes, but will the military vote be late/lost/found in a trash can/etc?

Question for our American friends. From what I see the USPS is in gridlock at the moment. I have parcels that have been sitting at distribution centers for about a month and a half without moving very far from origin. Nothing critical so no big deal. I know the same thing will happen when they get to my country.

My questions are: under your system, for a postal vote to be valid, is the critical date when its posted or when its received by the electoral authorities? Is there a cut off date? Is it the same across the whole country or does it differ from state to state?

As most of you reading this know, I don't believe the polls. Instead I have looked to other evidence. The evidence is why I believe that 2020 will be a Trump landslide. This article is one more such piece of evidence.

Larry Schweikart wrote this article back in July. He explains how Democratic Governors shutting down their institutions of higher education would hurt the Democratic vote. In this article he thought total democratic vote loss in the 18-24 demographic could be 1-1.5M. In the last week he has said it now looks like the student vote may be 2.5M short. Remember, Hillary won by 2.8M in the total vote.

Believe the polls at your own risk.

If you have a bookie............

Checked on mine and my wife's mail in ballot and both have been accepted. WTF knows if it's legit.

As most of you reading this know, I don't believe the polls. Instead I have looked to other evidence. The evidence is why I believe that 2020 will be a Trump landslide. This article is one more such piece of evidence.

Larry Schweikart wrote this article back in July. He explains how Democratic Governors shutting down their institutions of higher education would hurt the Democratic vote. In this article he thought total democratic vote loss in the 18-24 demographic could be 1-1.5M. In the last week he has said it now looks like the student vote may be 2.5M short. Remember, Hillary won by 2.8M in the total vote.

Believe the polls at your own risk.

If you have a bookie............

Sounds logical but how many of their liberal parents have urged them to use absentee ballots? In my state, true blue Delaware, you don't need any excuse other than the chinese virus to apply and get one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg