Politics

2035 is a long ways off and talk is cheap.

"California Governor Gavin Newsom announced Wednesday that the state will ban sales of gas-powered vehicles, effective in 2035. Newsom said that the “audacious” goal was necessary to achieve the state’s goal of 100% renewable energy by 2045.

Newsom said that his new executive order would “eliminate” the sales of “internal combustion engines” and move to electric vehicles — a move that he said would create jobs and allow California to “dominate” the market, and address climate change. Those who currently own gas-powered vehicles would still be allowed to operate them and to sell them on the used market."

This should work out really well.

How did they get the idea that electricity is renewable energy? US spinning reserve is gas fired. Solar and wind are a drop in the bucket, and the idiots want to bust the dams, eliminating hydroelectric. Nuclear, the most efficient source, has been totally demonized despite the success of the French and Canadian systems.

I think other states should triple or quadruple their hydro rates to California and see how the NIMBY’s make out on their own.

Sorry, rant over...

How did they get the idea that electricity is renewable energy? US spinning reserve is gas fired. Solar and wind are a drop in the bucket, and the idiots want to bust the dams, eliminating hydroelectric. Nuclear, the most efficient source, has been totally demonized despite the success of the French and Canadian systems.

I think other states should triple or quadruple their hydro rates to California and see how the NIMBY’s make out on their own.

Sorry, rant over...
Some serious resource issues. Good thing mining is so environmentally friendly

"Leading scientists set out resource challenge of meeting net zero emissions in the UK by 2050 | Natural History Museum" https://www.nhm.ac.uk/press-office/...ut-resource-challenge-of-meeting-net-zer.html

Reactions: WAB
I am against anything that reduces the demand for crude, condensate, and natural gas and personally I would like to see those 100+ USD barrels again.

That said, wind and solar alone will not charge all those cars. And CA does not have the Grid to support their current demand, and the NIMBY crowd, will never allow any more transmission lines. Not going to happen, unless CA has a total change of politics.

I’m an old refining guy and worked extensively on past iterations of the National Energy Policy. As a result, I have a passing knowledge of world energy systems and balances. The idiots in California with their CARB fuel specs and penchant for electricity that is ultimately hydrocarbon driven, are beyond belief. Do you know that CARB gasoline specs force the shipment of gasoline intermediates back and forth between WA and CA because a barrel of crude does not contain constituents in the right ratio to meet their specs? Ever wonder why gasoline costs so much in California? Now you know!

On a related note, I was in the working group (refiners, engine manufacturers assoc (EMA) and EPA) that developed the current diesel specs. ULSD (ultra low sulfur diesel) was driven by trap technology that the EMA was looking to adopt. It was not tailpipe emissions that was driving the move from LSD (low sulfur diesel) to ULSD, it was protection of the trap. I was in the meeting when the EMA announced that they were going to an alternate technology and were fine staying with the LSD specs. The EPA decided to adopt ULSD anyway because it couldn’t hurt. Well it cost billions in cap ex and has driven op ex up to the point that diesel will always cost more than gasoline. Remember the days when gas was higher than diesel in the summer and lower in the winter? Well never again, thanks to your friendly EPA!

Fusion may be here by than. Be a whole new ball game.

Naïve people really want to believe electric cars are pollution free. Electricity, to charge the batteries, has to come from somewhere. Most electricity in the US is generated by burning some sort of hydrocarbon (coal, natural gas, fuel oil, etc). So a considerable amount of pollution is indeed generated. There's no free lunch.

1600901371963.png

E-car proponents point to renewable energy sources (wind, solar, etc) as being clean and pollution free
Windpower's dirty little secret: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...be-recycled-so-they-re-piling-up-in-landfills

Don't forget all the plastics and where they come from.

The folks in California didn't want to build a coal fired power plant in their state so the built one in the desert of Utah.

6319A48E-E431-46EF-9BF9-41C4C129FE42.jpeg

Yep
I have a cousin in Anaheim... I will drive my Dodge Cummins Diesel Turbo up and down the neighborhood making sure the turbo kicks in every trip. I have to watch the giant fans spin in the wind and all of the power from them goes out of state. I can see over a hundred from my home. Good luck with the electric mandate, California.......

You gotta love the American media...

Here I give you a "reporter".. reporting on the violence and rioting in Louisville tonight... wearing a mask and body armor...

While clearly standing in front of a green screen in a television studio...

Yeah... we trust you MSM.. you always tell the truth...

Clown show begins at 1:12

2035 is only 14+ years away. The equivalent of 2006 to now. I'm not sure what sort of fine print the deal that one of Washington State's worst governors (Gary Locke) made with California regarding sending Hydro-electricity to them, but like any piece of pa\per, when push comes to shove, the "grid" can be disconnected, leaving Californians to either freeze for cook, depending on the season. Sorry for all of you non-demonRats caught in the web, but the elected officials brought it on to you.

1600915135140.jpeg

Love the creativity.

1600957666435.png

That seems to be the message- If you elect Harris-Biden we will stop burning the country. I suppose that's like the Axis telling the Allies "if you'll just surrender we can skip all this painful war stuff" so we can just get on with life. Of course life meant the extermination of everyone in sequential order depending on their alleged privilege, but it was done peacefully and with order.

They say the definition of crazy, is doing the same thing, over and over, and expecting different results.?

I must fall into that category.

My Facebook political platform was shut down again for 30 days.

I stated that violent rioters blocking traffic should be treated as speed bumps, with an open season, and no bag limit.

Poof....30 day suspension from the facsist liberal wussies at FB, as they completely ignore the vile posts from the leftist hate mob.

I should have known better, and this close to the election, I need that platform.

Time for a VPN, and try to bypass the blocks.
116105817_10157722082362297_168416493338735495_n.jpg

Let's see. A woman who sells illegal drugs and has outstanding warrants for her arrest shares her apartment with a fellow that has a felony record and continues to violate it's provisions by having a pistol. The police with arrest warrant in hand go to the door, knock and announce their presence then make entry. they are met with gunfire from the felon boyfriend. the police return fire and while the shooter survives, the woman is killed.

the flow chart would look like this:
Police enter apartment;
No- everything back to normal, woman not arrested, continues violative behavior
Yes- go to 2

Woman submits to arrest
Yes- police and woman go to police station, boyfriend stays in apartment
No- go to 3

Woman takes cover in other room while boyfriend shoots at police
No- return to 2
Yes- go to 4

Police return fire
No- police killed, woman and boyfriend evade arrest- go to 5
Yes- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested- go to 6

News media reports events accurately
Yes- Population upset that police killed and murderers escaped
N0- Population upset but glad that evil police were killed and folk heros escaped

News media reports events accurately
Yes- Population upset but know that justice was served
No- Population upset, blame police, riot in streets, burn down America

With the grand jury determination, the burning/looting appears to only just beginning.

As President trump would say: SAD!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg