Politics

We arent that divided, 95% of us have a lot in common. Saying we all get along does generate clicks.
While I would generally agree with you, it is clearly becoming harder to talk with mutual respect about our disagreements and we are certainly becoming more polarized politically. This is not healthy for a nation and I think that Twitter, Facebook, Fox, and MSNBC hold a lot of blame for this.

First you need to start in the school system. Most educators lean quite a bit to the left, which is fine for them personally. But they need to teach both sides of the argument and let the students decide where they stand.

They also need to bring back the civics class to teach about government and the processes that decide how we rule.

As for what's happening now, we need for people to learn that just because someone started to record a incident after something happened that there are two sides of what is going on and not the 30 or so seconds that were recorded.

That's just to start with

The teaching of opinions by teachers has always been with us. the problem is when the opinions are not supported by facts. The expounding of historical actions that are clearly incorrect has progressed to the point that several misconceptions are now accepted as true. Most prominent among the issues presently in the forefront is slavery. It is well documented as to how the overwhelming percentage of slaves were treated very well but recent teachers prefer the version of a delusional daughter of a New England Puritan. It is sad that the Southerners chose secession as the solution to their economic problems. It is clear that the costs associated with owning a slave were exceeding the value of their labor and within a few decades slavery would have died a natural death in the marketplace. Both the North & South could have avoided the loss of blood and treasure that the Civil War exacted. Had the US followed the peaceful course it is unlikely that the actions based on prejudice would have become the norm in the Southern states and the backlash now being imposed on the remainder of the US would be an issue.

While I would generally agree with you, it is clearly becoming harder to talk with mutual respect about our disagreements and we are certainly becoming more polarized politically. This is not healthy for a nation and I think that Twitter, Facebook, Fox, and MSNBC hold a lot of blame for this.

Folks in general, and specifically those under 30, need to remember how to listen. So much communication for this group of folks is one way only. Sure, you can respond to a text, a clip, a video. But they have never been taught, orhad to learn, the art of conversation. Conversations are all digital. So there is little thought process, void of actual emotion. And it is done in 30 second increments.

For those of us up in years, and especially married, you fully understand the concept of a 2 hour discussion, with the wife, usually just as you are heading to bed, about something SHE deems very important. Unless you care to sleep in the car, you listen, respond, ask questions, thoughtfully ponder, and resolve, or agree to continue at a later date and time.

It is a shame that it seems the only way any of these folks, no matter which side of the fence they fall on, respond to a disagreement is by flipping the bird, yelling obscenities, or trying to slander the other party.

:p :p :p

T0_h7cu7_normal.jpg

Project Veritas

@Project_Veritas

Do you work for the USPS? Project Veritas needs your help to ensure election integrity in November!

#BeBrave http://Projectveritas.com/brave-insider/

Most people don't appreciate it when their wives are threatened. Some people have the ability to do something about it.

Chuck Callesto

@ChuckCallesto

BREAKING REPORT: Rand Paul has called to SUBPOENA ANTIFA plane records, hotel records, all travel records & all funding....

It seems that with the increased polarization of politics, most discussion revolves around upsetting or making fun of the other side instead of seeking common ground. Until we can break out of such juvenile tribalism, I fear that our country will continue to stagnate.

It seems that with the increased polarization of politics, most discussion revolves around upsetting or making fun of the other side instead of seeking common ground. Until we can break out of such juvenile tribalism, I fear that our country will continue to stagnate.

Seems like we all, self included, have a problem agreeing to disagree with any semblance of class. Or maybe I should use the word civility as class might offend some.

Seems like we all, self included, have a problem agreeing to disagree with any semblance of class. Or maybe I should use the word civility as class might offend some.
But essential to governance is moving past agreeing to disagree and toward finding common ground, and finally working together on a meaningful solution. It is quite sad that our nation cannot even get to the agree to disagree stage.

Maybe I am just getting old, but it seems that there is a genuine lack of civility, compassion, and patriotism right now. We no longer want to work together and people have lost all sense of duty to their community and to the nation.

On top of our broken political system, we suffer from poor health, a lack of education, and a dwindling middle class on the brink of extinction. China is taking over the world and we are fighting over pronouns and facemasks.

So now we must decide as a nation how we are going to bring this country back together. Quite frankly, I am not sure it is possible.

Last edited:
We no longer want to work together.

What was accomplished by those that "worked together" with the French Revolutionists, Bolsheviks, Italian fascists, Nazis, Maoists and other groups that wanted nothing but to dismantle the existing government. When a groups expressed intention is to disrupt/destroy an existing country, there is no room for working together.

Now if your a religious individual the United States plays no role in the end time prophecies. So we may be suffer some sort of cataphoric end. Maybe a major earthquake or volcanic disaster.

What was accomplished by those that "worked together" with the French Revolutionists, Bolsheviks, Italian fascists, Nazis, Maoists and other groups that wanted nothing but to dismantle the existing government. When a groups expressed intention is to disrupt/destroy an existing country, there is no room for working together.
Do you believe that the majority of Democrats are Revolutionists, Bolsheviks, fascists, Nazis, Maoists? There are fringes in every political movement and social media has amplified their voices, but they do not represent most Americans. Obviously, I am not talking about working with Nazis, but you already know that.

Do you believe that the majority of Democrats are Revolutionists, Bolsheviks, fascists, Nazis, Maoists? There are fringes in every political movement and social media has amplified their voices, but they do not represent most Americans. Obviously, I am not talking about working with Nazis, but you already know that.

The majority dont have to be...

The majority of Germans werent Nazis... And the majority of Russians werent Bolsheviks..

Passively allowing the lunatic fringe control the party and catering to their demands is all thats really required..

Biden has made it clear he is on board with making sure Bernie is kept happy...

Biden has promised Beto he gets to take guns away...

There is strong evidence that Biden plans to make Elizabeth Warren a key advisor or cabinet member...

Im pretty sure that amounts to an intent to go out of his way to appease the fringe and cater to their demands... whether the "majority" of democrats actually want it or not (clearly the majority didnt want Bernie, Beto, or Warren... but he is kissing their collective asses none the less in an attempt to keep them happy and garner their followers votes)..

Attachments

• UNITY-TASK-FORCE-RECOMMENDATIONS.pdf
    833.2 KB · Views: 123
Wednesday morning laugh a minute.

No in general I don't think they all are. But in general the left leaning people of the world have lead us to the place where LGBTQ, or whatever the acronym is, militant feminism, etc is the order of the day. Conversely the right is conservative and if change occurs it slow and a considered approach.

The "freedom" of the left is actually a form of fascism where you are free as long as you agree with the mob idea of freedom. Transgress at your own peril. As has been seen on COUNTLESS occasions if a conservative / religious bakers doesn't want to bake your cake or something they are hounded and attacked. Is this the freedom of the left....?

It's slippery slope and the slope is always downhill.

IMG_6813.jpg

Don't shoot the Canadian who is just musing

The normal rivalry seems to be exacerbated by perceptions of the the current impact of the history of slavery. Both RSA and Canada have gone through a formal process of Reconciliation in addressing their own history of colonial violence. I venture that a similar process in the USA would allow for a healthy discussion, free of violence and entrenched politics. Anyway, just a thought.

Recently I have come to believe that Canada's Truth and Reconciliation commission was a very important step to diffusing the tensions. Still some political types will exploit it, as the have in RSA, or recently in Montreal. But, if done properly, in a politically stable environment, it could lead to positive changes. These things take generations though.

Group hug moment over, good luck with the election.

Btw @Scholar's post is the same urban conceit we get here. Not sure why those in the heartland are any less capable of understanding the issues. If they turn the election, I have every confidence they know what they are doing. Why would anyone think otherwise?

Man, I am feeling spiritual today!

1599081100285.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg