Politics

I can not abide the guy. Wish Tucker had two hours.

I don't know that I'd like two hours of Tucker but I could do without Hannity. He seems to have an issue with continuing to remind everyone that he's the one that has been at Fox for 20+ years, etc. Not to be sexist but I could stand more/earlier of Shannon Bream.

"and if the dam breaks open many years to soon, and if there is no room upon the hill."

Looks like the first block just fell out of the dam. According to Herridge, Clinesmith is expected to cooperate. Plea deals usually involve cooperation. This may break open a log jam.

Clinesmith was the lowest hanging fruit. This close to an election, a plea is better than an indictment. It will be interesting to see when the next block will fall.

We live in interesting times.

Former FBI lawyer to plead guilty in probe into origins of Russia investigation

"and if the dam breaks open many years to soon, and if there is no room upon the hill."

Looks like the first block just fell out of the dam. According to Herridge, Clinesmith is expected to cooperate. Plea deals usually involve cooperation. This may break open a log jam.

Clinesmith was the lowest hanging fruit. This close to an election, a plea is better than an indictment. It will be interesting to see when the next block will fall.

We live in interesting times.

Former FBI lawyer to plead guilty in probe into origins of Russia investigation

I think they have been just waiting for maximum impact before the election.

The problem with that, is what if you wait too long... and then lose...

The Babylon Bee

@TheBabylonBee

·

Study Finds Most Americans Trust Dr Pepper Over Dr. Fauci

1597431577805.png

https://t.co/xdGYirIpZv?amp=1

I think they have been just waiting for maximum impact before the election.

The problem with that, is what if you wait too long... and then lose...

I was naive enough to think that spygate would break prior to the 2018 election. I was sorely disappointed.

Barr, Durham, etc. know much more than we do. At this point we have to trust their judgement. Last night Barr said the story would be known. I have faith it will all be told prior to the election even if the legal cases aren't wrapped up.

1597432211941.png

Waiting For Durham - Brian Cates

@drawandstrike

# of people convicted by the Mueller Special Counsel's Office for colluding with the Russian gov't during the 2016 election: ZERO

# of people convicted by US Attorney Durham during his investigation of the RussiaGate Hoax: ONE

[so far]. That's Mueller 0, Durham 1.

11:42 AM · Aug 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

Yeah, but he just threw a bit of a wrench in the Dem voting strategy -

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said this week there is “no reason” Americans can’t vote in person for the 2020 presidential election, so long as voters follow proper social distancing guidelines amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Fauci has thrown a bit of a wrench in the Dem vote counting strategy.

National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Dr. Anthony Fauci said this week there is “no reason” Americans can’t vote in person for the 2020 presidential election, so long as voters follow proper social distancing guidelines amid the coronavirus pandemic.

It was in response to an ABC question no less.

“I think if carefully done, according to the guidelines, there’s no reason that I can see why that not be the case,” Fauci told ABC News this week. “If you go and wear a mask, if you observe the physical distancing, and don’t have a crowded situation, there’s no reason why shouldn’t be able to do that.”

Yep, it is fine to go to Walmart and riot but not to go vote.

I love some of the dim whits ideas on things.

so that's why.

Dr. Pepper Company put out the news that it will be in short supply because of Covid.
Fauci and the libs must have put a hit on them.

Dr Pepper is the latest pandemic shortage
By Scottie Andrew, CNN

Updated 5:55 PM ET, Tue August 11, 2020

Dr Pepper is harder to find on grocery shelves these days. The brand said it's working with distributors to fix short supplies of the soda.

Dr Pepper is harder to find on grocery shelves these days. The brand said it's working with distributors to fix short supplies of the soda.
(CNN)Add Dr Pepper to the list of pandemic-induced shortages.
Like toilet paper before it, the popular soda is widely unavailable in some parts of the US. The shortages apply to every flavor, Dr Pepper said in a note on Twitter.
The low inventory is the result of increased demand for the product, according to Keurig Dr Pepper, the company that owns Dr Pepper and other beverage brands.
Sales of the soda have "increased consistently over the last four years," the company said in a statement to CNN.
Why America is running out of aluminum cans
Why America is running out of aluminum cans

"Rest assured we're working with our local distribution partners experiencing low inventory levels in certain markets to meet this increased demand, and we encourage every loyal Dr Pepper fan to continue checking their local retailer for their favorite varieties," the company said.
Keurig Dr Pepper didn't respond to CNN's query about aluminum can shortages, which have stalled production among brewers who have cut down on the beer brands they sell.
That shortage was caused by customers who loaded their pantries with canned drinks in the spring, at the beginning of the pandemic, and the transition from drinking in restaurants from taps to drinking at home from cans.
"Beverages in convenient take-home packages like aluminum cans are particularly popular right now, and beverage company employees are doing all they can to make sure store shelves remain fully stocked," the American Beverage Association, which represents companies that sell non-alcoholic drinks, said in a statement to CNN.
It's not clear yet whether other beloved soda brands will be hit by shortages. Coca-Cola declined to comment when reached by CNN, and CNN reached out to PepsiCo and is waiting to hear back.
CNN's Alicia Wallace contributed to this report.

Attachments

• 200720115524-02-beer-can-demand-squeeze-medium-plus-169.jpg
    200720115524-02-beer-can-demand-squeeze-medium-plus-169.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 200811155037-dr-pepper-cans-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg
    200811155037-dr-pepper-cans-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited by a moderator:
Harris is an interesting choice in that she is a relatively safe pick, yet she is strongly disliked by the progressive wing of the party for being a moderate and her background as AG. Will be interesting to see how the "Bernie Bros" handle it.
I just want to applaud your taking the high road in your submissions to this forum. You haven't tried to insult anyone, haven't resorted to name calling, or thinly veiled disparaging comments. You've presented your views in a logical and consise manner. I tried to do the same but after getting beat down by the Good 'ol Boys, called a liar etc, I decided it wasn't worth my time to attempt to offer a different view.
It's a comment of our times that patriots of the same country can't have a discussion if they don't share exactly the same views or opinions.

This post is from May. Seems timely now.

Undercover Huber
@JohnWHuber

UPDATE: We now know Clinesmith was the “primary” FBI Attorney on Crossfire H as it ramped up in early 2017 (IG report) & that Pete Strzok called him one of “The Magnificent Three” alongside Jon Moffa & Lisa Page (Flynn docs)

If Durham flips him on faking evidence, he’s inside

This post is from May. Seems timely now.

Undercover Huber
@JohnWHuber

UPDATE: We now know Clinesmith was the “primary” FBI Attorney on Crossfire H as it ramped up in early 2017 (IG report) & that Pete Strzok called him one of “The Magnificent Three” alongside Jon Moffa & Lisa Page (Flynn docs)

If Durham flips him on faking evidence, he’s inside

That may make this "minor" event more significant than it has been made out to be.

I can't wait for the next announcement coming up on Tuesday! ;)

I just want to applaud your taking the high road in your submissions to this forum. You haven't tried to insult anyone, haven't resorted to name calling, or thinly veiled disparaging comments. You've presented your views in a logical and consise manner. I tried to do the same but after getting beat down by the Good 'ol Boys, called a liar etc, I decided it wasn't worth my time to attempt to offer a different view.
It's a comment of our times that patriots of the same country can't have a discussion if they don't share exactly the same views or opinions.
Just a small hint with respect to courteous discourse. We Southerners don’t particularly care for the term “Good ‘ol Boys” when used by others (particularly a Canadian?). You might also be surprised that most of us, particularly on this forum, are both educated and successful. At least as well as you?

Holding a minority view and defending it require both a mastery of the subject and a bit of healthy determination. Resorting to name calling is an unfortunate tactic and represents neither of those qualities.

I have a lot of respect for @Saul. I think he is a somewhat conflicted and life experience unchallenged young man :), but he offers reasoned debate, astute observations, and poses challenging questions. He is a great example for all of us.

Last edited:

I probably disagree with @Saul on most items of discussion on the political forum. That being said, I like and respect him. @Red Leg summed it up well.

Saul probably takes more than he should have to sometimes, hopefully not from me, but from what I recall he is always polite and courteous.

If I am spearfishing or sailing in his neck of the woods, I would be remiss if I didn't offer to take him out to lunch. Here is to hoping it happens.

Just a small hint with respect to courteous discourse. We Southerners don’t particularly care for the term “Good ‘ol Boys” when used by others (particularly a Canadian?). You might also be surprised that most of us, particularly on this forum, are both educated and successful. At least as well as you?

Holding a minority view and defending it require both a mastery of the subject and a bit of healthy determination. Resorting to name calling is an unfortunate tactic and represents neither of those qualities.

I have a lot of respect for @Saul. I think he is a somewhat conflicted and life experience unchallenged young man :), but he offers reasoned debate, astute observations, and poses challenging questions. He is a great example for all of us.
I'm an American living in Canada. Born in SLC. Parents Mormon. I hold a US passport. Anyone using this forum I expect is a) intelligent and b) successful. I mostly respect your views. You are worldly and articulate but in my opinion you occasionally veer away from 'a higher road'.
I expected to raise ire using that phrase but when someone has ( mistakenly) inferred on this thread that I am a 'commie libtard snowflake' and suggests that I am a liar' I loose a little sensitivity for their delicate feelings. Honestly I'm sick and tired of the name calling, the sexual memes and jokes directed at anyone who doesn't hold the party line of about six people on this forum.
It is impossible to have a meaningful discussion regards politics unless you are singing with the choir.
At any rate, nice to chat. I don't know Saul, but thanks for acknowledging his contribution.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg