Politics

For all practical purposes we have religion covered in this thread.
I guess that’s correct to an extent (as long as the core topic is political) but much of the resulting conversation doesn’t pertain to politics in the least. The thread I suggested would allow for a broader discussion that is at its core religious and not political so as not to hijack this thread.

I posted something of very significant political interest, the sacrifice of a red heifer this week and the staffing of 500 levitical priests in Jerusalem.

I didn't post it to discuss Judaism or Christianity, I posted it to discuss the political shitstorm that can ensue when you have a small few people accelerating towards a new world or end of the world scenario in the middle east.

70% is certainly a majority but not a "monolith" by definition.

If you want to be technical with semantics, we can certainly do that... While you are correct that 70% is not the same as 100%, it is certainly a huge majority especially in regard to how any particular demographic votes which was my entire point to the OP who asserted that although many Jews lean left, they do not vote on party lines, which is simply not true.

The comment she liked about “bullet to the head would be quicker” was about how to remove Nancy Pelosi as Speaker. She liked a comment about Barack Obama that said “hang that bitch.” In reference to those in the FBI that she believes to be part of the so-called “deep state,” she liked a comment that said “these traitors need to be put to death.”

As far as your cited examples, of MTG you are not making the solid argument that you think you are... Nothing she supposedly liked or shared directly calls for literal violence, unlike so many democratic politicians who have personally condoned and supported violence against those with different political opinions... It's so commonplace now, the public doesn't even react anymore... After the crap we have seen and heard from democrats since the 2016 election, it's laughable that we are even having this discussion about one individual.

And lastly, your assertion that conservatives are historically comfortable with antisemitism by citing examples like David Duke, Pat Buchanon, etc., is amusing... Are these truly the examples you want to provide to suggest conservatives are okay with antisemitism and be taken seriously? As Brandon likes to say, "C'mon man!"

OK, thanks. This is a debate as old as consciousness that neither side can definitively prove, so as Tanks said, it's a matter of faith (and there is nothing wrong with that).

I was mostly just curious why it's surprising that sportsmen/outdoorsmen in particular are agnostic or atheists vs. people with other interests/hobbies.
I mean the debate is just factual. Everyone has the right to do or believe what they want with the information provided.

It is an interesting question you initially proposed.

Science has zero proof but it also wasn't Adam and Eve.
As a Deist I believe the higher power created the system but evolution happened after that and its scientifically proven.
I never said that I believe 100% of what the Bible says. I also don’t believe the universe and mankind was made in 6 days. Thanks for sharing though. Good talk.

And it is also an impossible claim to say that a higher power has created life. It is just faith, and nothing is wrong with that.
It’s faith, it just depends on what religion you prefer. A traditional one or a scientific one. It really is the “God of the Gaps” or the “God of the Future Gaps” argument.

If I recall neither David Duke nor Buchanan got more than a handful of votes.
A quick Google Search showed that Duke won nearly 44% of the vote when he ran for Louisiana Senate and Buchanan won over 25% of the vote in the Republican primary. I would call that a little more than a handful.

As far as your cited examples, of MTG you are not making the solid argument that you think you are... Nothing she supposedly liked or shared directly calls for literal violence, unlike so many democratic politicians who have personally condoned and supported violence against those with different political opinions... It's so commonplace now, the public doesn't even react anymore... After the crap we have seen and heard from democrats since the 2016 election, it's laughable that we are even having this discussion about one individual.
I guess you and I have a different definition of violence.
And lastly, your assertion that conservatives are historically comfortable with antisemitism by citing examples like David Duke, Pat Buchanon, etc., is amusing... Are these truly the examples you want to provide to suggest conservatives are okay with antisemitism and be taken seriously? As Brandon likes to say, "C'mon man!"
Again, hardly a revelation that the right wing has entertained some fascist elements in the past. But if naming two antisemite candidates, the antisemitic QAnon movement, Trump dining with an antisemite, or William Buckley writing on multiple occasions about the need to excise antisemitic elements from the conservative movement is somehow not good enough for you, then I am at a loss.

I find RFK2 intriguing, because he might actually deescalate the RNC/DNC tension that has become meteoric. We need to excise the 10% extreme of both parties from the system, an independent might be a catalyst to doing just that.
I find it interesting that there has not been more of a discussion of RFK Jr here. My assumption is that, like most 3rd party candidates, his admittedly impressive poll numbers will implode closer to election.

He is a little too whacky for my tastes. His new pitch to put the entire government on the blockchain is eye rolling at best.

Hey the democrats ELECTED the past grand Wizard of the KKK, Robert Byrd, maybe not the GW but a leader anyway

I never said that I believe 100% of what the Bible says. I also don’t believe the universe and mankind was made in 6 days. Thanks for sharing though. Good talk.
As long as it stays civil and intelligent I would love to have a discussion about religion and creation.
Fascinating subject and much more interesting than politics.

I find it interesting that there has not been more of a discussion of RFK Jr here. My assumption is that, like most 3rd party candidates, his admittedly impressive poll numbers will implode closer to election.

He is a little too whacky for my tastes. His new pitch to put the entire government on the blockchain is eye rolling at best.

He's entirely electable and the media has given him all but a blackout to suppress his interest. In the latest polling of 20-45 year olds, he's leading in a three way race. I suspect his prospects will continue to climb leading into election season as the nation sours more on Biden vs Trump options.

The most amusing part will be that they cannot debate him. Imagine how this will go down in a debate: Hey RFK2, you Covid kook that said it was all regulatory capture and a complete scam..." Except that everything RFK2 said about the Covid debacle continues to be further justified, which is a huge problem for both party's nominees. RFK's premise is that we have had infestation by special interests to the point of regulatory capture of several agencies. This isn't conspiracy theory anymore, we've got plenty of undercover recordings by project Veritas to show that this is 100% what is happening.

Point being: RFK2 will be very difficult to debate because he was and is on the right side of history on the issues he's alleged to be a conspiracy nut about. Regarding other areas of conspiracy like mercury and glyphosate, he won the class action lawsuits so its pretty hard to argue he's a kook when his law firm won. Then we go to his other premise which is also true, both parties are galvanized on social issues that aren't that important, whereas his platform is 1. National debt, 2. Foreign policy, 3. Eradicating corporate capture of government, 4. Health and obesity epidemic draining our resources and our longevity. I think his platform aligns way better to the top concerns of Americans than the RNC and DNC platforms. We can only hear so much abortion and gun bickering while we blindly ignore 34 trillion in debt, irrational foreign policy, and sick people draining the nation's resources.

He's entirely electable and the media has given him all but a blackout to suppress his interest. In the latest polling of 20-45 year olds, he's leading in a three way race. I suspect his prospects will continue to climb leading into election season as the nation sours more on Biden vs Trump options.

The most amusing part will be that they cannot debate him. Imagine how this will go down in a debate: Hey RFK2, you Covid kook that said it was all regulatory capture and a complete scam..." Except that everything RFK2 said about the Covid debacle continues to be further justified, which is a huge problem for both party's nominees. RFK's premise is that we have had infestation by special interests to the point of regulatory capture of several agencies. This isn't conspiracy theory anymore, we've got plenty of undercover recordings by project Veritas to show that this is 100% what is happening.

Point being: RFK2 will be very difficult to debate because he was and is on the right side of history on the issues he's alleged to be a conspiracy nut about. Regarding other areas of conspiracy like mercury and glyphosate, he won the class action lawsuits so it’s pretty hard to argue he's a kook when his law firm won. Then we go to his other premise which is also true, both parties are galvanized on social issues that aren't that important, whereas his platform is 1. National debt, 2. Foreign policy, 3. Eradicating corporate capture of government, 4. Health and obesity epidemic draining our resources and our longevity. I think his platform aligns way better to the top concerns of Americans than the RNC and DNC platforms. We can only hear so much abortion and gun bickering while we blindly ignore 34 trillion in debt, irrational foreign policy, and sick people draining the nation's resources.
You raise a good point, most of my opinions of him have been formed from what I have read about him. I have not given him a fair shake, so I will reserve any further judgement of him until I actually read what he has to say for himself. This is a good reminder to give people the chance to impress you.

As long as it stays civil and intelligent I would love to have a discussion about religion and creation.
Fascinating subject and much more interesting than politics.
Politics is simply downstream from religion and culture. It is a very interesting subject. Very deep, but too many people become easily offended or shy away from having a simple conversation.

2 things that will get you kicked out of a house party. Politics & Religion......lol.

I'm passionate about both.
Me too and I don’t believe people with opposing views immediately need to be brandished as evil. Have the conversation and try to come to some sort of a logical conclusion. It isn’t always possible, but it is a goal all should have.

Perhaps there needs to be a religion thread started
This politics thread is rough enough already for me. I definitely won’t be commenting on a religious thread. It’s too personal and could be even more divisive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairaRatle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.