Politics

It describes a few, Mark Clark and George McClellan come immediately to mind, but personally I think that is largely wrong. Generally, American troops have been pretty well led over those two plus centuries.

One of the best displays of leadership I've seen in the past couple of decades was SOCAF setting the bar in the CONOP approval process insanely high after the Tongo Tongo ambush. A lot of dudes saw this as them getting benched/ leaders being too risk averse. I saw this as leaders saying "If we're going to put guys in harms way in the middle of nowhere with nearly no support, it had better be worth it."

Especially when you consider most lawmakers didn't even know we had troops in Niger (which wasn't exactly secret).

I think lately what's been more important than tactical or logistical brilliance for a leader to posses (the US can kind of force most of that) is the ability to navigate the Attention Deficit Disorder that is DC policymaking. As well as not letting State Dept or other government and non-government entities steer military operations in a direction they shouldn't be going. A really good EOD tech buddy of mine used to teach his younger techs that it's just as important to brief the commander on what you can't/won't do as it is to tell him what you can do.

Point is, military leaders can't just be "Yes men", speaking inconvenient truths and the courage/ability to say "this isn't going to work" or "who is making this decision and why" to the highest levels is very important.

As we start the new year we have roll over problems from last year and new ones will surface. Your family and loved ones matter, also defend the weak. 20 plus years ago I started to remind other vets, that when we mustered out, we were never un-oathed. We love our country and we will sort out the problems.

I think the door gunner was thinking, "This 50 cal is awesome, but if it was a 35 Whelen it would really rock!"

Thanks man!!!! That was my very first genuine laugh out loud moment of 2024.

It describes a few, Mark Clark and George McClellan come immediately to mind, but personally I think that is largely wrong. Generally, American troops have been pretty well led over those two plus centuries.
Could secretaries of defense be added to the list? LOL

I learned a great deal from this video. Hopefully, there are some of you out there that need as much help as I do on social media. However, if you ever want to discuss how to properly play a 2 technique, then I can expound on that subject. :A Thumbs Up:

I watched a recent YouTube interview with Douglas MacGregor. I noticed most of the comments from viewers were either in Russian or poor English from Russian named posters. Most of the posts were singing the praises of MacGregor and trashing the US military and US in general. Quite humorous.
I've noticed that as well, and I've seen similar things on the very pro-Trump videos posted on the Forbes channel on YouTube. The comments have a very North Korean "All Hail The Great Leader" vibe to them.

1704166129331.png

Good Reuters articles this week on the war in Ethiopia and it’s destabilizing effect on East Africa in general. (pop 127 million) Another on the ongoing war in Sudan (pop 48 million) and South Sudan (pop 11 million) A lot of potential refugees eyeing our open borders. Of more interest, however, was commentators connecting the dots to Biden’s inappropriate or non existent foreign policies and his reactive rather than proactive methods. Pertinent since this site is AH, but also, we haven’t yet completely seen all the places the 2020 election is going to take us. Buckle up….FWB

Anytime someone is selected for a position based, not because of qualifications, but because they meet some imagined need for diversity or inclusion, failure will be a guaranteed result. What is so wrong with selecting the best candidate based on training, skill and experience? We are on a slippery slope, why work harder, to only be over looked because you don’t fit the new box of the day!

The damage is done though, Harvard will take a very long time to shake this off.

Harvard had problems before her. Don’t worry they will select another just like her, but maybe this time run their dissertation thru the software.

IMG_6052.jpeg

In case you have forgotten the origins of the war in Syria, you can review the YT vid of Ms Clinton in 2012 saying “we don’t know how long Bashir Assad can survive, but he will certainly be gone within 6 months” as she armed the Taliban. Pres. Assad is still there, btw. Man up. Admit you’ve made a mistake, and hold the democrat crime syndicate accountable….or are you hoping for another war? …..FWB

So Russia can’t fight their way out of a paper bag but if Trump gets elected Russia will suddenly be catapulted to victory?
Well Said! Does it really matter how tactically or strategically smart or dumb anyone may think the Russian civilian and military leaders are? If their mentality is at all consistent, then perhaps it would be wise to study the Eastern Front history of WWII where Russia expended 11 million troops in getting rid of half of the German war machine. Then, after letting that sink in and doing a scaled, comparable evaluation, maybe think about what the future of the Russia-Ukraine war and our involvement in it may look like into the foreseeable future. I posted it once but will again, it might be a huge mistake to project the outcome of the last Russia expedition into Afghanistan onto what is going on in parts of Ukraine. And it has absolutely nothing to do with who is for or against Putin! I don't know anyone who favors Putin other than he was considered "cool" by most of the MSM and many of the left libtards not that long ago. And I really resent that insinuation made about Trump supporters in a previous post! Ukraine war support caution has to do with reality and the real possibility of another open-ended war with no vision for success much less an accountability for the huge $ already spent or an assessment potential for future lives to spend.

How could this be possible? Our world is out of control, this is insane! Ugh!!!!

MPW Summit.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MonikaAshb

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning