Politics

FB_IMG_1658161357591.jpg

To add to the problem, now even getting an electric car is not a sure answer- For electric cars the batteries are vehicle specific and as car models change, so do the batteries- Less popular models are discontinued and so are the batteries, so an electric car that may only be 6 or 8 years old will be undriveable when the battery goes dead and there are no replacements. Well you regular people don't need to drive anyway.

To add to the problem, now even getting an electric car is not a sure answer- For electric cars the batteries are vehicle specific and as car models change, so do the batteries- Less popular models are discontinued and so are the batteries, so an electric car that may only be 6 or 8 years old will be undriveable when the battery goes dead and there are no replacements. Well you regular people don't need to drive anyway.

But Ray, you forgot about the Mercedes AA Class

WTF? Who are these "peoples" you speak of and what exactly is the threat they perceive from Germany or Japan's military?

Persuaded or forced? Either way, this is not exclusive to Germany. This is most of western Europe... Here in the USA we are currently being forcefully persuaded to abandon cheap and reliable energy.
These peoples are, for example, Russian and Chinees ( 20+ mln dead and 10+ mln dead respectively). Of course, their opinion doesn't matter... but...

As to Europe - Germany is a leader in Europe (it's "objectivno" - in Russian). Modern government is a puppet, especially "greens" (of America or Soros - it doesn't matter). But USA is another thing - they use atomic piles, import energy from Canada and Mexico and want chip oil from Saudia (greatist democracy)- what's wrong for national interest?

These peoples are, for example, Russian and Chinees ( 20+ mln dead and 10+ mln dead respectively). Of course, their opinion doesn't matter... but...

Possibly my question to you is getting lost in translation..? In your initial comment, you were not referring to the loss of lives inflicted during WW2.. You said that certain peoples view the military of these 2 countries as a current threat..

What I asked is what perceived threat does the military of Germany or Japan pose to the world today, right now, or in any foreseeable future?

These peoples are, for example, Russian and Chinees ( 20+ mln dead and 10+ mln dead respectively). Of course, their opinion doesn't matter... ?

And Stalin and Mao killed how many? And today how many today? Germany and Japan are not a problem.

By the way, Stalin made Hitler look like a slacker.

A question for our UK members.

Out of curiosity, I was looking at the current four candidates to replace Johnson. From a viewpoint of the shooting and hunting sports, any views on the candidates? In particular Kemi Badenoch. She seems to be the only one with actual values and the strength to stand to the woke mobs.

1658198317262.png

Possibly my question to you is getting lost in translation..? In your initial comment, you were not referring to the loss of lives inflicted during WW2.. You said that certain peoples view the military of these 2 countries as a current threat..

What I asked is what perceived threat does the military of Germany or Japan pose to the world today, right now, or in any foreseeable future?
I think there's a lot of 'lost in translation' going on here. Some of it is simply diametric views of the world.

What I will say though, having lived and worked in Germany for a while, is that there is definitely a cultural reticence towards military strength and action, in a way that only Japan seems to echo. Call it cultural guilt, call it cultural conditioning, whatever, but there is definitely an attitude in Germany that military service is an unfortunate evil, if a necessary one, and that any and all military activity should be exclusively defensive.

Compare this to America, which of all the countries in the world I've visited is the most supportive and filled with admiration for military service that I've ever been in, and there's a cultural barrier. Now I certainly wouldn't say that every military action that America (or any other nation) has been in is exclusively altruistic, or even primarily altruistic, or even that most Americans think those things, but certainly that's the cultural mythos in America in a way that it isn't anywhere else in the world. As a result, American's are more apt to see their soldiers and their actions as noble, as unquestionably right, more so than does Germany, Japan, even Britain, France or Australia.

That's the 'lost in translation' here I think. Not a language barrier, although that too exists, but a cultural one.

I've never lived in Russia, so I've no idea what the vibe is there on this topic, although I think there is certainly an entirely different narrative being pushed there on 'the west' (which is to say, America, primarily), in the same way that there is in parts of South America and probably in India, in Cuba and in China.

I will say though, that America has an Army, an Air force and a Navy whilst Japan has a Japan Ground Self-Defense force, a Japan Maritime Self-Defense force and a Japan Air Self-Defense force. I think that says a lot about the cultural attitude towards military action and investment.

Not to say I agree with Vasper, but as a TL;DR, there's definitely cultural differences in attitudes to defense and military organisations in those nations than in America, mostly ones brought upon themselves that today may not at first glance seem to fit the modern day reality and which may not be echoed by external observers in third party states like us.

I think there's a lot of 'lost in translation' going on here. Some of it is simply diametric views of the world.

What I will say though, having lived and worked in Germany for a while, is that there is definitely a cultural reticence towards military strength and action, in a way that only Japan seems to echo. Call it cultural guilt, call it cultural conditioning, whatever, but there is definitely an attitude in Germany that military service is an unfortunate evil, if a necessary one, and that any and all military activity should be exclusively defensive.

Compare this to America, which of all the countries in the world I've visited is the most supportive and filled with admiration for military service that I've ever been in, and there's a cultural barrier. Now I certainly wouldn't say that every military action that America (or any other nation) has been in is exclusively altruistic, or even primarily altruistic, or even that most Americans think those things, but certainly that's the cultural mythos in America in a way that it isn't anywhere else in the world. As a result, American's are more apt to see their soldiers and their actions as noble, as unquestionably right, more so than does Germany, Japan, even Britain, France or Australia.

That's the 'lost in translation' here I think. Not a language barrier, although that too exists, but a cultural one.

I've never lived in Russia, so I've no idea what the vibe is there on this topic, although I think there is certainly an entirely different narrative being pushed there on 'the west' (which is to say, America, primarily), in the same way that there is in parts of South America and probably in India, in Cuba and in China.

I will say though, that America has an Army, an Air force and a Navy whilst Japan has a Japan Ground Self-Defense force, a Japan Maritime Self-Defense force and a Japan Air Self-Defense force. I think that says a lot about the cultural attitude towards military action and investment.

Not to say I agree with Vasper, but as a TL;DR, there's definitely cultural differences in attitudes to defense and military organisations in those nations than in America, mostly ones brought upon themselves that today may not at first glance seem to fit the modern day reality and which may not be echoed by external observers in third party states like us.
Well stated and so relevant in today's world.

The TRUTH behind the liberal worlds false hero.....

293880503_1384279912072918_1669673974692362085_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredFri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

A.A. wrote on Msprenger!'s profile.
Are you still looking for a 375 H&H?
NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
Sable @ the lodge this morning