Politics

I am convinced this has become a group think kind of thing. We had five years - counting the Covid onslaught to get into this mess. Your figures, with respect to historical averages, are simply factual. But facts are irrelevant in the land of the internet full to overflowing with millennials complaining and emoting about the economy. Unlike, twenty years ago, this sort of on line "woe is me'ism" now has a vast and repetitive audience. Goebbels and Molotov would be astounded. This is of course exploited by the new American left which promises an imaginary future of equitable prosperity of no bills or financial responsibility.

This is a serious problem and a major character flaw of Gen Y and Z. An irrational interest in equality rather than being equitable. The biggest threat I see coming through this type of thinking is "universal basic income" in the name of fairness. These youngsters do not understand that if everyone in America is paid something for not working, it will spike inflation as there will be more dollars chasing too few goods. It would be double redistribution of wealth, first through taxing the producers, then by devaluing the dollars remaining of the producers.
 
The last known survivor of the Civil War, Albert Woodson was born in 1850 and lived to be 106, passing away in 1956,

He lived through the Civil War, the first World War, the Spanish flu, the depression, World War II.

People today wouldn’t make through one of those events.
 
This is a serious problem and a major character flaw of Gen Y and Z. An irrational interest in equality rather than being equitable. The biggest threat I see coming through this type of thinking is "universal basic income" in the name of fairness. These youngsters do not understand that if everyone in America is paid something for not working, it will spike inflation as there will be more dollars chasing too few goods. It would be double redistribution of wealth, first through taxing the producers, then by devaluing the dollars remaining of the producers.
Exactly. Moreover, every single price for every single product in the market will simply move up to account for the new baseline.
 
Why all the millennial hate recently? Someone literally started a thread about Avocado Toast and Coffee. Its hunting season, feel like you guys would be in a better mood.
I kinda started it when I pointed out the boomer hate going on
 
IMG_0573.jpeg
 
I am bummed that I missed all of the frostbite fun.
I am sorry you did as well. He would have been challenged playing troll in multiple directions. You have been away too long.
 
I am bummed that I missed all of the frostbite fun.
I don't know, Saul... seems kinda fishy you conveniently "weren't here" during the Frosty shenanigans but magically are back now that he's gone... :E Happy:
 
Almost $3 a gallon less than what I am paying here in CA. Yet, when it was on the ballot to reduce the newly enacted gas taxes people still voted for higher taxes. Go figure. I just renewed my car registration as well $1,200+ for the year.
And wait until the two oil refineries shut down there by the end of next year. I’ve read where $8+ gallon is forecasted.
 
Almost $3 a gallon less than what I am paying here in CA. Yet, when it was on the ballot to reduce the newly enacted gas taxes people still voted for higher taxes. Go figure. I just renewed my car registration as well $1,200+ for the year.
BUT take heart, those well maintained roads you have and that clean air that drifts over my way except when your burning up which is most of the time.
 
I am convinced this has become a group think kind of thing. We had five years - counting the Covid onslaught to get into this mess. Your figures, with respect to historical averages, are simply factual. But facts are irrelevant in the land of the internet full to overflowing with millennials complaining and emoting about the economy. Unlike, twenty years ago, this sort of on line "woe is me'ism" now has a vast and repetitive audience. Goebbels and Molotov would be astounded. This is of course exploited by the new American left which promises an imaginary future of equitable prosperity of no bills or financial responsibility.
Not a millennial but to add a complaint does anyone else think the restaurant food has been crappy ever sense right after covid, not counting upscale restaurants, just your average chain . quality is way down.
 
Not a millennial but to add a complaint does anyone else think the restaurant food has been crappy ever sense right after covid, not counting upscale restaurants, just your average chain . quality is way down.
The quality of the food and the service at low end to mid restaurants is definitely worse. Most will not survive.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,571,108
Members
169,107
Latest member
ShaniWorga
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top