Politics

More of the usual from the party of “no justice, no peace.”


And they’ve already begun to circle the wagons. Party before all.

 
I would feel better if that supposed 180 included actual material actions in support of Ukraine.

Yeah I don't really know what that entails, or if it's coming. I don't have a big problem with it at this point. My line in the sand is boots on the ground which is not likely at all to happen.

I can't fault Trump for at least trying to negotiate. It had to be at least tried, in part.

The problem now is I don't think Putin really cares about the well-being and welfare of his country. There is no telling how far he's willing to go.
 
The Biden administration spying on eight Republican senators seems to have hacked off senator Schmitt.

This is a nice five minute synopsis of the law fare that has gone on over the past 10 years by the Obama and Biden administrations along with the internal law fare within DOJ, FBI and IC during Trump 45 if anyone is interested.

 
It's truly dumbfounding to me. I'm half-in on GLD thinking its a hedge against inflation and will go up in the inevitably oversold stock market. On the other hand, I'm half-in on QQQ or SPY for total market indices that should have an inverse relationship with gold.

They both go up every single day. I'm mystified and can only conclude either A.) Nothing is going up whatsoever, both are pricing in real inflation, or B.) We have a frothy and irrational bull market that is going to have a 1999 style dot com bubble about to burst, only worse.

All well and good, other than the fact I cannot time the market so I sit here like a chump, unable to explain why my portfolio has had a meteoric rise in spite of owning contrary positions.
My money (or loss of) is on B. We’ve all seen this before right before a severe downturn. As a layperson, I don’t see anything that would warrant the current “over exuberant” stock market.
 
I posted a month or two back about a test I did on one of the readily available public internet AI services.

I asked a simple, specific question about a common subject of interest. Something like, “was this (fill in blank) successful?” The AI answer was “yes, it was successful”, along with all manner of supporting data for why it was successful.

I then asked the same AI source the converse of the same, identical question. Something like, “was this (fill in the blank- identical to original subject) unsuccessful?” The AI answer was “yes, it was unsuccessful”, along with all manner of supporting data for why it

No one can convince me AI is not extremely dangerous and a potential future train wreck the likes of which we’ve never experienced. At best, maybe a handy tool with very fast search/sort algorithms but dumb as a rock. At worst, a very real nightmare.
Wait until AI gets into the financial markets. Nobody will be able to tell if the data presented is true or not. Armageddon on the horizon.
 
Wait until AI gets into the financial markets. Nobody will be able to tell if the data presented is true or not. Armageddon on the horizon.
It’s already there. All the big brokerage houses are using AI platform and algorithms to trade for the last couple years.
 
Predictable. Throw out big words like “Luddite” in an attempt to baffle the audience with words no one uses while everyone is using the latest technology for participating in the debate. :);)
Pile of elitism crp
If you think "Luddite" is a big word, methinks you need to read more. :unsure:

PS. We are using technology first developed in 1976 for public use (Apple 1) and popularized beyond the hobby crowd with the release of PC by IBM in 1981. Not quite the latest technology, but improvement of technology that has been available to public for almost 50 years. Might as well call the latest model of cars "the latest technology".
 
I know I'd be pissed...

Time is the most valuable commodity I possess... to even a newly minted O7 the same is true... to the O10's in the room its all that much more true I am sure...

Not a whole lot pushes me to the point of anger anymore these days..

But wasting my time absolutely pisses me off... more so than just about anything else someone can do..
It was obviously meant to be a statement for emphasis.
 
My money (or loss of) is on B. We’ve all seen this before right before a severe downturn. As a layperson, I don’t see anything that would warrant the current “over exuberant” stock market.

Many of the market experts are predicting a huge reckoning in the market. What none of them can predict is whether we go up another 10%-30% before it implodes. Most are saying invest in Gold (over invested), Nasdaq tech, and crypto. I follow the first two points but avoid crypto as a moral hazard.

We don’t know when, but we can balance our portfolios to enjoy the upside before the inevitable bear market arrives.
 
Predictable. Throw out big words like “Luddite” in an attempt to baffle the audience with words no one uses while everyone is using the latest technology for participating in the debate. :);)
Pile of elitism crp

Some of us appreciate his efforts to use an adult vocabulary and not talk down to folks. ;)
 
costs are rising


The link seems broken, here’s a a screenshot
IMG_8075.png
 
Guess, Hegseth was right. Below, is a picture of National Guard arriving in Chicago. Four of the five one can see are overweight/obese. Meal team six has arrived. :ROFLMAO:

1759879369941.png
 
Guess, Hegseth was right. Below, is a picture of National Guard arriving in Chicago. Four of the five one can see are overweight/obese. Meal team six has arrived. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 718847

Meal Team Six... I choked on a Reese's.

Perhaps they are wearing a form of body armor? We all know how a bear's fat soaks up bullets. I say that as someone who needs to lose weight. Honestly? They are serving: good on them. I support them and wish them well.
 
Guess, Hegseth was right. Below, is a picture of National Guard arriving in Chicago. Four of the five one can see are overweight/obese. Meal team six has arrived. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 718847
What is particularly sad is… every one of them is an E4… most likely 2-4 total years in the military.. very young…

They haven’t had 20 years of deployments and combat to break down their bodies or cause physical problems that would make PT a challenge…

6 obese E4’s isn’t really a fat soldier problem..

It’s a clear failure of leadership problem..
 
The Biden administration spying on eight Republican senators seems to have hacked off senator Schmitt.

This is a nice five minute synopsis of the law fare that has gone on over the past 10 years by the Obama and Biden administrations along with the internal law fare within DOJ, FBI and IC during Trump 45 if anyone is interested.

However....the facts and supporting information mean nothing......no one has nor will be held to account. Time and again we see the what seems to be irrefutable evidence of criminal actions....nothing materializes. Isn't this the sort of environment, if not addressed, that breeds vigilantes? People need to be legally held to account or we add fire to the chaos.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,269
Messages
1,570,125
Members
168,845
Latest member
tisbtasconttip1978
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top