Politics

In other news, did anyone hear of the guy in Texas who changed his legal name to "Litterally Anyone Else" and Mr. Else is trying to get on the ballot as an independent.
I havent.. but thats hysterical..

and I'd probably vote for him lol..

ther news, did anyone hear of the guy in Texas who changed his legal name to "Litterally Anyone Else"
It was global. The news was made even in small country of Croatia... amaizing, actually

I respectfully disagree. To me, Trump’s weakness on Russia, China, and basically every one of our allies and international interests is the greatest danger to our way of life.

Even if Democrats were to somehow manage to capture both chambers of Congress and the White House, there is no chance the Supreme Court would allow anything truly outrageous to stand.
You seem to think that Biden actually cares what the SC says….. kind of like school loans……. He does what he wants.

I know the "blocked by congress" thing has become part of the Trump mythology, but he had both houses in 2016 - for two bleeding years. He could have accomplished anything he wanted to do. He gets a total pass on the border wall (I give him credit on the deal with Mexico), Covid (HIS vaccines and HIS mandates), and that whole swamp thing that he will never address because he can't. Thank God for SCOTUS, but for that I reserve my admiration for McConnel.

I am no supporter of Biden, but to believe Trump is somehow a truly superior choice defies my sense of logic. I still can not wrap my head around these two ancient inarticulate cretins are our choices with DeSantis and Haley cast to the side.
Are you better off today than you were four years ago? Do you know any group of people who is better off today than they were four years ago? Retired people and the poor have been badly hurt by Biden's policies due to the inflation that they caused. The only people doing better today than they were four years ago are the illegal aliens. Yes they.both.suck, but if you look at the country as a whole the choice is obvious.

More trustworthy? Absolutely.

You may disagree with Biden’s policies, but you can trust that he will push for them.

Trump, on the other hand, has flipped and flopped on just about everything from guns to abortion to TikTok. You may agree with more of Trump’s stated policies, but you can hardly be certain that he will not change them on a whim or when it serves him.
So you would rather see someone elected that sticks to destructive policies than to see someone that can change his mind if a situation changes? Most dictators have firm views that they do not waver on. That does not make them good leaders.

I know the "blocked by congress" thing has become part of the Trump mythology, but he had both houses in 2016 - for two bleeding years. He could have accomplished anything he wanted to do. He gets a total pass on the border wall (I give him credit on the deal with Mexico), Covid (HIS vaccines and HIS mandates), and that whole swamp thing that he will never address because he can't. Thank God for SCOTUS, but for that I reserve my admiration for McConnel.

I am no supporter of Biden, but to believe Trump is somehow a truly superior choice defies my sense of logic. I still can not wrap my head around these two ancient inarticulate cretins are our choices with DeSantis and Haley cast to the side.
They say you get the government you deserve and the shallow people who cast Haley and DeSantis aside will pay for it.

Are you better off today than you were four years ago? Do you know any group of people who is better off today than they were four years ago? ...
I am and I know of many other companies and people who are better off. I am sure millions of auto workers and UPS drivers are going to say they are better off as well.:unsure:

Heck, I had to put retirement on back burner due to so much business. No Africa this year. o_O

Now, in all fairness, most of the new work is due to municipal work and that might have been due to the infrastructure bill signed by Biden which is filtering down to City and County governments. We even got a few Federal projects going that I had thought that had died on the vine due to lack of funding.

One thing we had discussed before ad nauseum. Economy is NOT going to be an issue this election if people actually look at the current numbers. During the pandemic and supply side issues yes, but the economic indicators have been improving last year or so.

That is why Trump encouraged the House to scuttle any immigration solution as he wants to run on the dismal border situation.

Now, I was curious about increase in prices. I paid $28.68 for a 12 pack case of dog food on January 6, 2020. I am paying $33.68 now for the same thing. A 15% increase over 4 years which is reasonable.

Most other dry goods track similarly or less. Social Security COLA over the last 4 years has added up to 19.1%. Sky is not falling, even for people on fixed income.

So you would rather see someone elected that sticks to destructive policies than to see someone that can change his mind if a situation changes? Most dictators have firm views that they do not waver on. That does not make them good leaders.
Trump's mind changes as the wind changes. Not necessarily because the situation changes. He seems to have the attention span of a gnat.:ROFLMAO:

I live with someone that has ADHD, I have to redirect her focus to her task at hand at times when she distracts herself and starts doing something else. Trump seems to be the same way except there is no one he will listen to redirecting his focus.

I am and I know of many other companies and people who are better off. I am sure millions of auto workers and UPS drivers are going to say they are better off as well.:unsure:

Heck, I had to put retirement on back burner due to so much business. No Africa this year. o_O

Now, in all fairness, most of the new work is due to municipal work and that might have been due to the infrastructure bill signed by Biden which is filtering down to City and County governments. We even got a few Federal projects going that I had thought that had died on the vine due to lack of funding.

One thing we had discussed before ad nauseum. Economy is NOT going to be an issue this election if people actually look at the current numbers. During the pandemic and supply side issues yes, but the economic indicators have been improving last year or so.

That is why Trump encouraged the House to scuttle any immigration solution as he wants to run on the dismal border situation.

Now, I was curious about increase in prices. I paid $28.68 for a 12 pack case of dog food on January 6, 2020. I am paying $33.68 now for the same thing. A 15% increase over 4 years which is reasonable.

Most other dry goods track similarly or less. Social Security COLA over the last 4 years has added up to 19.1%. Sky is not falling, even for people on fixed income.
What about gas, diesel, heating fuel, electricity, and food for humans? It may be worse in Washington, but then the entire state is run by Dems.

The dollar had an average inflation rate of 4.64% per year between 2020 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 19.90%. This means that today's prices are 1.20 times as high as average prices since 2020, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index. A dollar today only buys 83.403% of what it could buy back then.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, prices for food and beverages have increased by 21.89% in 2024 compared to 2020 (a $0.22 difference in value) 1. Let’s break it down further:

The dollar had an average inflation rate of 4.64% per year between 2020 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 19.90%. This means that today's prices are 1.20 times as high as average prices since 2020, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index. A dollar today only buys 83.403% of what it could buy back then.

Except, for the buying power to be more realistic one has to adjust the numbers to be 2024 dollars.

For example,, here are chicken prices for the last 4 years. If you just take the raw numbers, the difference between 2021 and 2024 is a 24.8% increase. Adjusted for inflation it is a 9.5% increase. Not ideal but chicken prices have been impacted by supply and demand not just by inflation.
1712165738331.png

Also, looking at these and other numbers the biggest difference is what happened in 2022 when inflation was rampant. Unfortunately, Trump can not just run on old 2022 numbers as Democrats will point to current numbers and show the improvement which happened due to Fed not Democrat policies.

The prognosis for Ukraine is not looking good. Too little too late, what a mess the US is making. When it is too late they will no doubt have some excuse.
Did the US invade Ukraine????? Wait, I know, its all our fault, check, got it.

This might be true, but honestly that border bill was terrible. I respect McConnell for stopping the Garland appointment but if there was a ever sign he didn't have the juice anymore that was it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyH

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.