Politics

The Scott Key bridge salvage. underwater 3D pictures show the amount of debris on the bottom.
IMG_3781.jpeg

We did have some primaries yesterday. I wonder if Trump campaign regrets telling Haley supporters to go pound sand?

In Wisconsin, former Ambassador Nikki Haley received 12.8% of the vote. Just over 76,000 voters voted for her even though she is no longer in the race. Former Gov. Ron DeSantis earned 3.4% of the vote, and "uninstructed" received 2.1%.

Except, for the buying power to be more realistic one has to adjust the numbers to be 2024 dollars.

For example,, here are chicken prices for the last 4 years. If you just take the raw numbers, the difference between 2021 and 2024 is a 24.8% increase. Adjusted for inflation it is a 9.5% increase. Not ideal but chicken prices have been impacted by supply and demand not just by inflation.
View attachment 597145

Also, looking at these and other numbers the biggest difference is what happened in 2022 when inflation was rampant. Unfortunately, Trump can not just run on old 2022 numbers as Democrats will point to current numbers and show the improvement which happened due to Fed not Democrat policies.
The rampant inflation of 2022 was a direct result of Biden's executive orders. I do not believe things are going to.get much better as long as he remains in office. The Democrats solution is to raise the minimum wage. This raises the inflation rate in an unending cycle. California has now gone to $20 an hour. It's already bad enough.Have you taken anyone out to dinner lately?

We did have some primaries yesterday. I wonder if Trump campaign regrets telling Haley supporters to go pound sand?

thats almost 17% between Haley and DeSantis.. which well could be the difference between a win and loss in November for Trump..

Somehow I doubt there are any regrets though..

Bidens protest vote was much higher though, has the demtards in a panic.

Bidens protest vote was much higher though, has the demtards in a panic.

I wasnt aware of the "protest vote" issue until you mentioned it... googled to see what I could find out.. even the left leaning press seems to be a bit upset by it (wouldnt have expected them to run very hard with the story).. NPR, The Hill, HuffPo, etc.. all are pretty specific about 50K protest votes and the concern within the party.. then speculate that its mostly tied to Bidens position on Palestine/Israel...

The prognosis for Ukraine is not looking good. Too little too late, what a mess the US is making. When it is too late they will no doubt have some excuse.
Maybe your country could pitch in to help Uncle Sugar unfuck the Ukraine?

The rampant inflation of 2022 was a direct result of Biden's executive orders. I do not believe things are going to.get much better as long as he remains in office. The Democrats solution is to raise the minimum wage. This raises the inflation rate in an unending cycle. California has now gone to $20 an hour. It's already bad enough.Have you taken anyone out to dinner lately?
Yeah, lunch yesterday, $76 with tip. Not bad for two entrees and an appetizer. Though, I am going to French Laundry in a couple of weeks for a "Surf and Turf" meal with some key clients, that will be a bit pricey. Take them and spouses on a private jet, overnight and return the following day. Doing my bit for the economy.

Yeah, lunch yesterday, $76 with tip. Not bad for two entrees and an appetizer. Though, I am going to French Laundry in a couple of weeks for a "Surf and Turf" meal with some key clients, that will be a bit pricey. Take them and spouses on a private jet, overnight and return the following day. Doing my bit for the economy.
I took a friend of mine to s local diner. Two sandwiches, one iced tea, one soda. No alcohol and nothing fancy. $62 and change.

French Laundry, in Yountville? I know it. "Bit pricey" is right.

Gee, really roughing it eh? My heart bleeds...Gonna hang with the Gov at the French Laundry??

George Carlin was joking, he makes money (a lot of it) doing it. You seem to think he was making a serious point. Let me explain something. The 1st Amendment of the Constitution prohibits the government from establishing a religion. It also prohibits the government from interfering with an individual from practising a religion of their choice. That includes taxation of the institution. The government does not tax churches because they can't. We all.know that the politicians would happily tax any organization if they were allowed to. George Carlin is funny, but he isn't serious.

I.do not know if sports are taxed or not. If not I do not know why. I cannot begin to understand why the public is forced to.pay for the gigantic stadiums where the games are played. I suspect corrupt politicians, and demanding fans.

Now we just need to get people to take the 2nd Amendment as seriously as they do about the 1st.

George Carlin was joking, he makes money (a lot of it) doing it. You seem to think he was making a serious point. Let me explain something. The 1st Amendment of the Constitution prohibits the government from establishing a religion. It also prohibits the government from interfering with an individual from practising a religion of their choice. That includes taxation of the institution. The government does not tax churches because they can't. We all.know that the politicians would happily tax any organization if they were allowed to. George Carlin is funny, but he isn't serious.

I.do not know if sports are taxed or not. If not I do not know why. I cannot begin to understand why the public is forced to.pay for the gigantic stadiums where the games are played. I suspect corrupt politicians, and demanding fans.

Now we just need to get people to take the 2nd Amendment as seriously as they do about the 1st.
He isn't making near as much as he once did. George Carlin died in 2008 - sixteen years ago.

Don’t know if sports are taxed ……. I am not sure where to begin. Assuming your stadium comment indicates you are talking about professional sports, depending upon the ownership model, the state and federal government have hooks into that income stream through numerous avenues.

Stadiums go up through all sorts of mechanisms, and cities and counties often compete desperately for them. The Ranger's and Cowboy Stadium in the DFW area offer two common examples.

I picked those two because they are here in Texas and the financing structure is readily available.

Ranger stadium was built with 600 million in private financing and 135 million in public financing. It has been paid back by a 10% charge on tickets, $3 charge on parking, and $11 million annually in naming rights. Not exactly something where the public was forced to pay anything unless they attend a game. These are considered "user taxes." The 135 million was paid off ten years early.

Cowboy stadium was far more complicated and far larger. It was a combination of financing by the city of Arlington to the tune of $635 million through half cent sales tax and and 2 and 5 percent fees on motel/hotel rooms and car rentals respectively. The other half of the $1.2 billion dollar project was privately financed. So, the 1/2 cent sales tax in Arlington is the only true public financing and was approved by the citizens of Arlington in a bond proposal. Travelers can choose their hotel or car rental location.

In this model, the city actually "owns" the stadium and Jerry Jones "rents" it for 2 million a year. Thus far, that city investment has proven a wise one with direct stadium income exceeding debt service by a large margin. Of course, that does not count the windfall in sales and property tax income that has bloomed as a result of enormous area business growth thanks to the projects.

Not sure where the corrupt politicians fit in, but yes the fans are happy.

Last edited:
The only votes Haley ever gets are from the libtard democrats who vote in Republican primaries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex964

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?