Politics

If everything is hunky-dory with an open border.

Why are the (Sanctuary cities) calling for the Texas Governor to stop sending them north.
He needs to bus them to the neighborhoods every proponent of this. And for advocates here living in a dream, fantasy land. How many can you support in your home or on your lawn.

When you have, or your family has a life or death medical emergency and are laying in a hallway in an ER because the hospital is overwhelmed. And going bankrupt from waiting on federal help to recover losses.

During Covid. Liberal Governors and Mayors shutting small businesses down. While flying untested immigrants all over the country.

No funding for enough shelters or housing. But hey let’s add millions more into the mess.

These Mayors get 1/1000th of the numbers than border towns deal with. With a fraction of the budget. How do tell an American citizen that works 20 hours they don’t get healthcare. Or for most healthcare copays are more than they can afford. But if you come from Turkey or China. Here’s a cell phone, some cash, free healthcare. See ya in a couple years on your path to citizenship and voting.

If this is normal and accepted, please name me any civilized uncivilized first or Third World nation that allows this.

Try slipping over the border into any of the countries that we still have military in from wars 60 years ago. with a bag load of drugs and see what happens to you.

How can we be so ridiculously irresponsible? and or stupid? Or who is to gain from this anarchy ?

Yes we need employees. we already have a system for that. We need skilled labor, and they are waiting in line to get in.

no one is against immigration. Well maybe native Americans or an Inuits.
I'd give each migrant a list of all the sanctuary cities ranked in order based on all the free government assistance they can get from each city and have busses transporting migrants to those cities they want to go to 24/7. For special sanctuary destinations, like Martha's Vineyard, I'd go the extra mile and fill up an Airbus A350-900 with migrants and fly them there in the middle of the night so they could be well rested when they arrive at their chosen retreat. And of course, whether they travel in a bus or plane, they would get full food service during their travels.

With every dictator since Stalin, Russia has moved closer to the west. Perhaps not as fast as we would like, but they have moved to the west. We orchestrated a coup in the Ukraine. Russia didn’t like it. Ukraine did not hold up its end of the Minsk accords.

NATO tried to gain a foothold in Ukraine and would have cut Russia off from its only warm water port. Now how do you suppose the US would respond to Russian or Chinese meddling in Mexico or Canada? Great powers have spheres of influence and areas of strategic interest that they can’t or won’t compromise on. We are the same. We should have played the long game, but I think our political class saw too much opportunity to personally profit in the Ukraine. We should have used Ukraine as a soft influence, intermediary to further moderate and integrate Russia.

Instead what have we done? Pushed the country with arguably the greatest natural resource base in the world into the arms of the despotic regime of the most populace country in the world. China is an existential threat and our policy in Ukraine has made them stronger. It has given them extraordinary strategic depth - most of Asia. Russia was fading right, and I have no question that Putin would rather be friendly with the west than Xi. We forced his hand when we didn’t have to. The Communist party of China is truly evil. The whole affair is truly an epic strategic failure, accomplished by the imbecile we call President and his leftist administration.

And what have we done - fostered a war between two closely related nations, killed lots of sons and husbands, made lots of widows and orphans, and now after Ukraine is destroyed, we will either abandon it or spend hundreds of billions to rebuild it. I don’t think Putin wanted Ukraine at all - he just wouldn’t let NATO have it. And frankly, I think I’d much more enjoy a beer with Putin than Mr. Pudding Pants, that traitorous POS.

A RINO - they are republicans when anyone is watching and democrats or general POS when no one is.
I appreciate the detailed response. I think it is in error in several ways, but it offers the basis of a discussion.

Let me deal with your last point first because I think it is important and is a fatal mistake being made by the Trump wing of my party. My ideal of the relative outsider with a unique vison for the country was Ronald Reagan. He and the policies he promoted were what I. and I think most educated people, would define as actual conservatism. I call him a relative outsider, because he had already been a successful governor of one of the country's most diverse and populous states.

Because he was a successful politician in such an environment, he realized as president that he needed a mandate much greater than his conservative base. At that time, he too faced a intolerant self-destructive fringe in the party that valued purity over governance. One of his most famous quotes was, "The person who agrees with you 80 percent of the time is a friend and an ally - not a 20 percent traitor." Even if somehow Trump is elected in a wave of anti-Biden sentiment, the party can not maintain a governing majority in congress without a broad mandate that includes most moderates, whatever their party.

I should add, Trump not only has a problem winning over moderates, he also has one with conservatives in his own party. Whatever Trump's movement and fiscal beliefs are, it isn't conservatism. Judging by his recent denunciation of not only Nikki Haley, but also her voters, I am no sure his self-indulgence allows him to even understand that.

The so called RINOs currently represent constituencies that reflect such a mandate far more than the purists like a Chip Roy or Matt Gaetz. No president can be successful without congressional support. If this party devolves into nothing more than the 35% who worship at the alter of Donald Trump, the republicans will never hold a mandate again.

With respect to Russian history and the notion that every Russian dictator "has moved to the west" since Stalin, that is simply not true. In fact, I would argue that sentence itself is self-refuting. I assume you would agree Malenkov doesn't count. Khrushchev was certainly less murderous than Stalin, but hardly what anyone would call an admirer of the capitalist system. In spite of the efforts at détente, during the Nixon administration, Brezhnev politically was as reactionary as Stalin. I think we can also safely leave Andropov and Chernenko out of this discussion. I believe Gorbachev did recognize the failings of the Communist system, though whether that was through a desire to be closer to a Western model or merely to survive the pending upheaval as the Soviet Union collapsed, I am unsure. And whatever Russia could have become in a post Soviet world, that was cut short by the dictator currently occupying the Kremlin.

Spheres of influence serve only those with the power to enforce them. We articulated the Monroe Doctrine in 1823. But it was 75 years later, during the Spanish American War, before we actually had the power to begin to enforce it. Fortunately, we still do.

The Russian Empire and Soviet Union have waxed and waned throughout its history with respect to its sphere of influence. Crimea, for instance, was never under Russian control until ceded by Turkey in 1783. There is certainly no ethnic bond between the Rus and the Tartars who still make up most of the Crimean population. Perhaps following your logic, it should be returned to Turkey rather than Russia, or maybe the Byzantines?

The same is true of the "buffer zone" Russia created in Eastern Europe following the Second World War. That sphere of influence existed solely because six million Red Army troops occupied the ground. With the collapse of the Soviet Union, everyone of those States immediately sought true independence. Russia no longer had the strength or will to hold them in bondage. The Ukraine is also one of those states, and with a history of actual independence not very different than Poland.

The notion that the CIA convinced the vast majority of the Crimean people to revolt against a government attempting the realign itself with Moscow is simply not true. It is a notion perpetuated in a lot of right wing sites like Revolver and Gateway Pundit, but the Ukrainian people "voted" overwhelmingly to chart their future with Western Europe. Undoubtedly many in government to include in CIA and State were pleased. However, most of the overly sophisticated savants in the Obama administration saw the Ukrainian people's actions as actually destabilizing - hardly actions that administration would encourage through its intelligence services.

No, Ukraine's desire for self-determination and alliance with the West is very real. It is a dream for which they continue to cast their votes every single day with their blood. Putin, far from "moving West," is doing everything in his power to destroy that dream and submerge Ukraine in the apathetic police state that is the modern Russian Empire.

Which portion of the Minsk accords did Ukraine actually violate? To save some time, there is no pledge anywhere in them preventing Ukraine from joining NATO or the EU. That is both a Russian propaganda claim and belief adopted among the American right wing.

Fortunately, both Finland and Sweden, long exercising a careful balancing act between the West and their periodically belligerent neighbor, see Putin and his goals for what they are. Their joining NATO, and becoming two of the chief supporters of Ukraine's fight for survival puts a lie to the appeasers in the West. Refusing to aid Ukraine is by definition supporting Russia's strategic goals. It is unfathomable to me, that I share a party with people who support that foreign policy position. Reagan, a true champion of America first, aggressively defended our national interests wherever threatened. I am certain he would be appalled at the notion of abandoning Ukraine.

Last edited:
You’d be stepping on Biden‘s toes with using air service in the middle of the night. That’s his gig and that’s straight out of Obama‘s playbook

when he was sending refugees into primarily red districts to seed them with what he thinks will be future Democrat voters.

I don’t think you have read the bill. Perhaps just repeating a narrative about the bill.

As a side note. I can say with almost 100% certainty that the Congress hasn't written a bill themselves since at least the 1970's and probably well before that. 90%+ of the content of all bills are written by lobbyists and special interest groups. Then legislative assistants piece the bill together to be voted on.

I have personally seen how the sausage is made.

So you don't know anything about the issues you just have opinions based on???
I know plenty about the issues. I live smack dab in the middle of of them.

What is your point, aside from trying to stir the shit pot?

A good website for FACTUAL information.

There is way too much concern as to who is elected as President of The United States of America!!

For the US to even start to correct its current economic, illegal immigration, national debt, etc, etc, problems and course of becoming a perverbial second or third world nation.

With the current "Swamp", "RINO", and "INO" politicians in both houses; Republicans need to get out and vote to take and maintain control of both the House of Representatives and the Senate!!

Regardless which party is elected into the Figure Head to the White House, It is the party that controls both houses of congress that controls The United States of America!!

Without the support of both houses of congress the president can do very little. We have recently experienced this first hand with Pelosi & Schumer vs Trump, Obama, and more so for those of us that can remember, Nixon's Presidency.

Had the Republican Party not have taken the majority in the House of Representatives, and I do use these words very loosely; keeping in check, the democratic controlled Senate, the US would be a 100x, a 1000x worse off than it is now.

All US citizens that have the legal right to vote and refuse to vote:

1. Have zero grounds to complain about the way government is abusing, wasting, deteriorating this country!!

2. Have to be some sort of brain dead not to understand elections Are Not about whether you like or don't like their choices. With our two party choice: Elections have always been and will always be about voting into Office The Lesser of Two Evils!! for the betterment of this nation!.

No it can't. You are just simply wrong about that. It is against the rules to fill unskilled full time year round positions with temporary Visa workers. Think a bit outside your industry.
On our farm we fill a lot of the “un skilled workers” with temporary H2A visas, while they aren’t year round they are eligible to extend their visas by a month or two taking the total time allowed in country to 11 months. I don’t know about the other forms of work visas.

No it can't. You are just simply wrong about that. It is against the rules to fill unskilled full time year round positions with temporary Visa workers. Think a bit outside your industry.
We had something like that from 1942 until 1964 when the Bracero program was ended. It was used to fill agricultural jobs left open when American men were drafted to fight in WW2.

An executive order called the Mexican Farm Labor Program established the Bracero Program in 1942. This series of diplomatic accords between Mexico and the United States permitted millions of Mexican men to work legally in the United States on short-term labor contracts.

On our farm we fill a lot of the “un skilled workers” with temporary H2A visas, while they aren’t year round they are eligible to extend their visas by a month or two taking the total time allowed in country to 11 months. I don’t know about the other forms of work visas.
Yea we use those Visas for workers who qualify. Or more accurately for the positions that qualify. That is maybe 5% of our work force. Field work mostly, manure applications, harvesting. And H1B Visas work for professionals such as veterinarians or herd workers such as AI (Arificial Insemination).

However it leaves a huge void for the year round less skilled workers.

And there are no where near enough H1B Visas available. I believe it is like a 3 year wait with no Gaurantees then. This type of thing temps some of the immigrants that could qualify and that the country needs to "cheat". Current legal advice is to have people apply for Green Cards as that is as likely or more so to be approved within 3 years.

Reform of the archaic immigration laws is vital to American business and the economy. And I would argue to solving the border issues.

I also agree this open border policy is untenable and must change. We need both

AI (Artificial Insemination) - I had not considered that acronym for AI, whereas most of what you see today is AI (Artificial Intelligence). It strikes me that there's a joke in there somewhere that with AI - the second one - generating "news content", that the two terms are somewhat synonymous. :p

We actually get guys from South Africa

I was thinking more of the seasonal workers in a variety of industries.

Regardless which party is elected into the Figure Head to the White House, It is the party that controls both houses of congress that controls The United States of America!!

Without the support of both houses of congress the president can do very little. ..

Actually, the President can do a lot. We are seeing that right now with the rule making etc.. Yes, the President needs the Congress to spend money, however the Executive branch may or may not enforce all laws or interpret the laws based on the President's directives.

Examples are EPA, DOJ, C&BP, etc., etc.

Biden did not need Congressional approval to cancel the permits of Natural Gas Export terminals, cancel Keystone pipeline, declare large swaths of land and see National monuments to prevent drilling etc.,etc..

To think the President has no power without Congress is being naive. Yes, it helps having Congress on his side so he can pass laws to get things done easier.

Also, if there is a total obstruction by Congress then there can be a change within 2 years as we have seen in the past.

Is it a new war, or simply an extension of the current war? Sen's Cornyn and Graham both advocating the bombing of Iran............and specifically Tehran (Graham). Wars don't always follow a plan.....they find an unexpected path. Hoping for the best for our Soldiers and Sailors and Marines............FWB

Is it a new war, or simply an extension of the current war? Sen's Cornyn and Graham both advocating the bombing of Iran............and specifically Tehran (Graham). Wars don't always follow a plan.....they find an unexpected path. Hoping for the best for our Soldiers and Sailors and Marines............FWB
Absolutely true.

If we have to bomb Iran to stop this mess, let’s hope we can target all their key leadership in the first wave and get it over with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martlee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?