AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Namibia Wildlife Resorts - Announcement

Notice: Plastic Bag usage within the National Parks

Windhoek, 12 June 2018 - Namibia Wildlife Resorts (NWR) would like to inform you that with immediate effect plastic bags are no longer allowed within all Namibian National Parks. Therefore, any plastic bags that may be in your possession will be removed by the Ministry of Environment and Tourism personnel when you enter any of the National Parks.

For further information, please refer to Namibian Government Gazette of 13 April 2017.

"The Namibian" reported on 18.06.2018, " These regulations are not yet in effect as the ministry is still putting the necessary systems and measures in place before full implementation. The ministry is currently developing modalities for implementing these regulations and will announce these, along with an implementation plan, very soon."

Plastic shopping bags used to bag groceries are banned in almost all states in Australia.
Good idea I think but get this. Plastic is used to cover items such as for example cobs of fresh corn.

If they want to cut down on plastic get these companies to rethink packaging. A one cup size plastic jar to hold 50 pills the size of a pin head is really not that smart. A lot of the products we get could be in packages a third of the size. And yes use something biodegradable for bags

In most third world countries I am convinced the national bird should be a blowing plastic bag, and the national flower a plastic bag hanging on a bush or fence.

I once asked my class what product is specifically and intentionally purchased with the sole purpose of being thrown away. None offered an answer.

The U.S. invented the throwaway culture. It keeps people working.

Plastic trash bags.

There’s only one way I can see this being enforced. There’s no “non-intrusive” way to do this.

Everyone ok with their vehicles and property being searched to enforce this ban? I’m not.

Plastic is not the problem. One of the greatest inventions of mankind. Not long before we have disappearing plastic heart stents.

The problem is people and how they handle plastic.

Here’s a thought for all of you who would blame plastic for the problems it creates. If you were honest, you would have to blame guns for the carnage they create. If it applies in one case, it applies in both.

I prefer to look at the users. Of both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.