plane tickets are bought the wait is going to kill me

June flights for my wife and I!

You're gonna have a great time. Do take all sorts of pictures - even of the 'normal' things in Africa. It always amazes me when I look at the little things...

speaking of pictures anyone ever take a gopro with them on their hunt?

thinking of making the investment in one you can wear them on a hat or on a chest rig. many options.

Just over 4 months out for my 7th trip over, my boy is going on his first. 2nd time for RSA.

I'm in the same boat. Like a kid at Christmas

Hunting in Kalahari is different. Hunted with them in 2005 all shots from vehicle you will see why when you get there had a great time Johan and Mabel are super people. I think their booking agent for US has them way over priced. I got a 40" Gemsbok male and a 5 1/8 steenbok.

Hunting in Kalahari is different. Hunted with them in 2005 all shots from vehicle you will see why when you get there had a great time Johan and Mabel are super people. I think their booking agent for US has them way over priced. I got a 40" Gemsbok male and a 5 1/8 steenbok.

could you elaborate? I am going with a friend that is good friends with them so i am looking for unbiased opinions. thank you a 40" gemsbok is a very good one

Congratulations Biggdawg! Namibia will treat you well on your hunt!

IMG_0274.jpgIMG_0298.jpgIMG_0304.jpg
He you go Biggdawg. I am anxious as well leave July 17 return Aug1 going to East Cape with son this time.

Thank you,

the way it looks i probably will have to go again as everyone says lol

Waiting sucks! Good luck on your hunt.

Waiting sucks! Good luck on your hunt.

thank you and yes it does but i have plenty to do to get ready so it will keep my mind off it some i hope :eek:

the wait is all part of the fun!!! My wife & I did a Northern Quebec caribou hunt in 2011 and waited a year after booking. The practice, hiking, watching videos, reading,.....all added to the excitement! She took a velvet 325 SCI white caribou bull and an hour later I took a 300SCI dark chocolate bull that fell 100 yards from where hers fell! Hunting together draws us closer (even if hers is bigger). We leave May 2nd for the Limpopo Valley on our 1st plains game hunt book in March 2013. The practice and research not only adds to the excitement of the hunt, but adds a common thread to our marriage!View attachment 25630

I'm in the same boat! It's killing me. Leaving may 8th for South Africa on the eastern cape. Can't wait.

I done ousr the other night to ,
and last night l had the worst reception while trying to book tickets to Townsville for me and a mate to do a week end on the chital deer , the first week of june . , then fly down to Brisbane to do a guided rusa deer hunt afterwards .
it will be a warm up for Africa which , we fly out out of aus , on the 17th july.
going to try stalking up on a couple of our salt water crocadiles while at it if the opportunity arises .(they are a protected species in oz ,so it will be an exercise to see what rooihond can expect )

now it all im thinking about .
love this part of the African adventure .

yes plenty to do yet and think about, last weekend i finalized my load for one of my guns the 6.5-284 norma 127 barnes Lrx at 3050 fps

that should work, now for the 300 win mag next weekend.

Attachments

• 65-284127lrxrl22_zps12f7e6a8.png
    65-284127lrxrl22_zps12f7e6a8.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 155
I've only been back from my first SA safari for 10 days and reading this thread is making me real anxious to book a return trip. The more prep you put in the better it will go for sure. I didn't know I needed a rifle permit for Amsterdam on the trip home until I was close to the deadline to get said permit, but got it in time. Reading on this form was a big help in just getting a feel for all the different steps, in the end most everything went the way the research indicated. You will be addicted to Africa before it's over.

Reading this thread only has me more psyched for my own hunt in July. Four months and counting and way too much to do before I get there. Finally back to the rifle range starting tomorrow. It will be my second time to the Eastern Cape area. They are right....you hunt Africa even once and it will haunt you until you return again. Its just cuts into the heart of you. When the plane landed back here in the states after my first hunt in SA and I was literally in tears. My thought was how one earth would I ever equal that experience of hunting Africa. Only two years now and I am returning. But I have other African countries I want to hunt as well....Namibia and Tanzania are on the list. But Alaska is also calling and with a grizzly on my bucket list. I wish each of you the best on your hunts and look forward to your photos and hearing of your experiences. While I still prefer a campfire under the African stars to tell our stories....this will have to do. :)

I am down to day 33 and now I am beginning to count the hours! I am already sleep deprived! We have already begun to pack bags. We make a new list of "done" and "to do" every night.

I am down to day 33 and now I am beginning to count the hours! I am already sleep deprived! We have already begun to pack bags. We make a new list of "done" and "to do" every night.

on our first trip over .
at about day 20 we were ready to go .
by then all we had to do kiss the missus good bye on the way out the door

yes plenty to do yet and think about, last weekend i finalized my load for one of my guns the 6.5-284 norma 127 barnes Lrx at 3050 fps

that should work, now for the 300 win mag next weekend.

We are taking my late fathers .284 Win to RSA in June. Primarily my boy will be using it but I know I will have to bust something with it. I got my first two deer with it in Alaska as a kid. Our load is 140gr TSX at just over 3000fps. My gun will be a Win 95 in .405 Win, mostly for eland. Not that such a round is needed but I want to try something different this trip, and its a neat rifle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross