plane tickets are bought the wait is going to kill me

I've been practicing off of the sticks with the 7mag I'm taking to Namibia, but I mostly practice off the sticks with a pellet gun. Hundreds of shots fired has helped me a lot.

so far all of my testing has been done using a bipod. now that development is done I will start practicing from sticks, prone, and offhand

I'm going to build a bi-pod and try a little practice before I go,,,

I leave 4 weeks from today man the days are moving faster

Going to customs office on friday to get my 4457's filled out and signed that way i don't have to do it the day we leave.

Have my SA permit papers filled out for our one night stay at african sky before going to namibia, I know i will forget something hopefully not anything important.

one question what is a good jacket to take along for the cool mornings?

15 days out times flying by still need to drop 10# and get more range time

going to hopefully get range time on sat and sunday. if no rain i will be going to a 700yd private range on sunday to get the dope set on the 300 and see if i can break balloons out to 400 yds I won't take a shot past 400.

I have just returned from South Africa on my first Plains Game hunt. I booked a year in advance and the preparation along with the anticipation was agonizing. It was all well worth it. In the words of Churchill, " It exceeded my expectations. My expectations were extremely high."

The best to you for an experience and enjoyable hunt.

I leave in 14 days.... I've already packed & unpacked.... Wearing the clothes I'm going to wear. Gun sighted in.... Don't know what else to do but wait & obsess..... I guess that is the start of the addiction.....ugh!!!!!!

Planning and preparation are all part of the overall experience. Savor every minute of it. I booked a year ahead to time and Loved every minute of it.Was told that Africa is a "Mistress." Now that I am back, believe it is a true statement.

Bigdawg request the Kalahari Calamari. Its excellent. Mabel will keep you fed good.

Bigdawg request the Kalahari Calamari. Its excellent. Mabel will keep you fed good.

That is what i have heard, Mabel can cook. I am taking her some hershey's chocolate too. maybe i will get some brownie points lol.

my loads for my guns are done took the 300 win mag out lastnight and hit the steel plates on the first shot at 400,500 and 700 yards. had a 24mph head wind too. with a 2" 2 shot group at 500 dead center mass.

Now just the little things like cut foam in gun case, start packing or putting stuff in piles that i am taking.

15 Days they are starting to go by fast now. Can't believe the 8 months went by so fast.

been getting practice in with the guns. shooting 8" balloons at unknown yardages and getting them with one shot off sticks and bipod out to 400 yards. My win mag is ready and i am finally very confident in the rifle and my shooting.

just want to thank everyone for all the information on this site it has helped a ton. Can't wait till i can post my report.

Looks like i will be hunting my most wanted trophy first -- the Kudu, I am super stoked about that.

My wait is almost over. Finally got all my permits in order (Thanks to Lori ) I'll tell that story when I get back wheels up at 3;10

Good luck & safe travels Rob. I'm right behind you.... leaving Sunday.

Looks like there will be a gaggle of us over there :D

I'm out of here ,going to stop by my deli and park my car and cab it to the airport, any of you Wankers close to the Afton House Friday nite stop in I'll buy a couple of rounds and tell them to send the bill to Bluey

Guns are packed along with the accessories
my bags are mostly packed also, i included pieces of paper in each bag with my name and mailing address in case the baggage tag comes off. Along with spare locks in the gun case if they have to cut them off for some reason.

these last 2 days are going to go slow i can tell, have everything done that i can think of. Hope i am not forgetting anything

guns resize.jpg 002.JPG

Good Luck Biggdawg I got back Monday Afternoon, what a trip, a few minor hitches at Tambo Airport and Air France Sucks but the trip was succesfull

Glad you had a good trip can't wait to read the report. one more wake up now :D

All of y'all travel and hunt safe!

Rob, can't wait for the report!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,