Pigs CAPE YORK

Looks like your families are living high on the hog. ;) Yeah, cheap joke.

I understand the Dingos are probably a nuisance/pest animal. What do you do with all that Hog meat or are they a pest as well? Or are they made into tasty sausage?
@BeeMaa
Most pigs I shoot are left to rot as they have been feeding on carion. Pigs taken off good pasture are usually good eating tho. Depends on where you hunt as to being able to eat them
Bob.

More pigs this time from the QLD channel country 200 k out of Winton my older son has a Winchester mod 70 obsession 8 of them 243 to 338 a marlin 44 mag & 45/70
he also drives a Nissan

050.JPG
034.JPG
057.JPG
052.JPG
100.JPG
113.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
More pigs this time from the QLD channel country 200 k out of Winton my older son has a Winchester mod 70 obsession 8 of them 243 to 338 a marlin 44 mag & 45/70
he also drives a Nissan
View attachment 414727View attachment 414728View attachment 414729View attachment 414730View attachment 414731View attachment 414733
@rdog
Take your son out and slap him silly for buying a useless pissant cartridge like the 243.
I could live with him getting a Toyota, but owning a 243 is worse than admitting your gay to a catholic priest.
Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
When I lived in Nicaragua, I've been part of a little dynamite fishing. Never jumped in the water, I was too young. LOL!!!!!

I would go with 308 if hogs are on the menu and 150 yards are all that you will be shooting at game, and the 308 will handle target shooting to 300 yards no problem. I have both, and like them both for different reasons, but in your situation, 308 seems the right choice. Heavier available bullets in the .308 for big hogs than the .270.

Glad to see that both of your sons hunt with you. Mine do the same, are you working on the grandsons yet. Nothing like hunting with family. BTW you guys got some nice hogs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois