PayPal

Tucketed

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
For all of us that ponder about PayPal this article will make sure we stop using it. Woke mentality and censorship are destroying our great civilization.

If you quit using business because of their political point of view or wokeness you'll be sitting in the corner in a dark room

I haven't had a PayPal account in about 20 years. No ill effects.

I haven't had a PayPal account in about 20 years. No ill effects.
I've never been on MarxistBook and have never used NaziPal. To each their own, but I choose not to play by their left wing corporate rules.

Perhaps I am living in the dark ages but I have never had a PayPal account. It was not about politics, I have always preferred to pay cash and keep my transactions private. It would seem that there are certain factions in the government that would prefer a cashless society. How contrary to the American way. I see people holding up there phones and paying for items, I think I would rather visit the dentist then go down that road. Am I showing my age?

Perhaps I am living in the dark ages but I have never had a PayPal account. It was not about politics, I have always preferred to pay cash and keep my transactions private. It would seem that there are certain factions in the government that would prefer a cashless society. How contrary to the American way. I see people holding up there phones and paying for items, I think I would rather visit the dentist then go down that road. Am I showing my age?
AND, apparently now, Brandon has instructed the IRS to tax any NaziPal and similar transactions over $600. So much for the 80K new IRS agents going after the BIG money?

AND, apparently now, Brandon has instructed the IRS to tax any NaziPal and similar transactions over $600. So much for the 80K new IRS agents going after the BIG money?
It’s only going to be for business transactions. If it’s marked as personal it doesn’t apply, at least for it’s initial roll out.

For all of us that ponder about PayPal this article will make sure we stop using it. Woke mentality and censorship are destroying our great civilization.

If you quit using business because of their political point of view or wokeness you'll be sitting in the corner in a dark room
If anyone thinks this is simply about political point of view, you’re wrong. PayPal literally steals all the money in you account, with no recourse or ability to talk to them. It doesn’t matter if you follow any rules. It’s happened to me twice, not because was was buying or selling guns using PayPal, it was because I was engaged in shooting sports.

There are three large class action suits against them now. There are better ways of money exchange

@JimP i still use PayPal and other woke companies such as Delta. It is just knowing that a simple money transaction system can now control who they want to work with all due to your affiliation. China is great at this total social control and I don’t want to see us slipping towards this crevasse.

Absolutely right! I just found out about the $600 PayPal threshold couple weeks ago. I hope all those Biden supporters who were all about the democrats going after the big money get a good feel on this one. Like always sell votes by going after the big money then turn around and tax the piss out of the rest of us.

Absolutely right! I just found out about the $600 PayPal threshold couple weeks ago. I hope all those Biden supporters who were all about the democrats going after the big money get a good feel on this one. Like always sell votes by going after the big money then turn around and tax the piss out of the rest of us.
If it is income, shouldn't you already tracking it and reporting it?

Used to be $10k+ transactions triggered a fed gov report. That was really brought into focus under the misguided Patriot Act. Now apparently $600 is the new threshold. Right! like gov tracking every $600 transaction is going to control terrorism/drug money laundering?? IMO, It has to do with gov overreach and giving 87,000 new IRS (and possibly ATF agents) something to do. Good grief, get a grip. I buy a gun for $575 then decide to sell it a for $600 a few years later. Then feel obligated to report it as income or even capital gains? What a load of carp. It appears that PayPal is desperately trying to up their ESG score. Unreal. Mix the illusion of tax evasion and money laundering into a gun control agenda and you have a perfect storm of Orwellian utopia.

Used to be $10k+ transactions triggered a fed gov report. That was really brought into focus under the misguided Patriot Act. Now apparently $600 is the new threshold. Right! like gov tracking every $600 transaction is going to control terrorism/drug money laundering?? IMO, It has to do with gov overreach and giving 87,000 new IRS (and possibly ATF agents) something to do. Good grief, get a grip. I buy a gun for $575 then decide to sell it a for $600 a few years later. Then feel obligated to report it as income or even capital gains? What a load of carp. It appears that PayPal is desperately trying to up their ESG score. Unreal. Mix the illusion of tax evasion and money laundering into a gun control agenda and you have a perfect storm of Orwellian utopia.
Incremental destruction of free enterprise for the common people. Another facet of govt takeover.

The IRS has around 100K total employees, the FBI has around 35K. Seems the federal government has a significantly greater interest in taking our money than going after bad guys.

$600 has alway been the threshold for the issuance of 1099’s. Not to be confused with the 10k threshold for reporting for money laundering.

$600 has alway been the threshold for the issuance of 1099’s. Not to be confused with the 10k threshold for reporting for money laundering.
You are correct. It seems that many of the responders to this thread have only served to cause confusion.

Actually eBay, Etsy etc.,sellers had a maximum of $20K prior to the rule changes this year. eBay was $20K or more than 200 transactions

"Suspicious Activity Reports" have been around for a few decades. The nominal reason was to try and identify money laundering. The reality is it was just another way for the federal government to spy on us. There is no shortage of stories about cash-heavy business owners getting smacked around and having money seized as a result of this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wovoka

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?