Pay It Forward-Free

No obligation from my end

transfer might be an expensive problem

if it can do spartan5 some good then great!

licensing rules means I can’t own this rifle AND a Blaser barrel in same calibre

The Man doesn’t allow it !

so it must go and I can’t charge for something that is below par

also

i might have spent $5500 on it but that doesn’t mean that is what it is worth
Where do you plan to get an R8 barrel in 404? Do you have custom makers where you live?

Whoever may take up this offer, please post all of the results from the issues and costs involved if imported (I have imported from London to the U.S. before) to the U.S. AND once you have a smith go through it, what are/were the problems with this rifle.

I was looking around to see what I had to pay it forward, and it is definitely not worthy to follow what I am, but this is what I have. I have some factory sealed A Square .375 H&H Magnum rounds. You can choose either the Lion Load or the Sierra Boat Tail box. 20 rounds of factory ammo. I have attached pictures here of one round of each to show as well as the sealed container of 20 rounds which is what I will give.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great.
I'll post something up as soon as I can get some photos of the items. A shoulder holster and a paddle holster. I know they both work with my Para Ordnance double stack 1911, but they also fit other firearms.

OK

I’ve got a 404 Jeff based upon a Mauser 98 action and almost new barrel

free to a new home

owes me approx 4 years of bull with gunsmiths and $5500.00

OK for practice and target but i don’t trust it to cycle properly under pressure so of no use to me

UK registered fire arm so comes with the usual “little people” bollocks for transfer to new owner

detect a little frustration? Yep, you bet

genuine offer though

Blaser barrel in Jeff 404 on the way

bollocks to Mausers ! Had enough of chasing yesterday’s tech

John
I love this!

Where do you plan to get an R8 barrel in 404? Do you have custom makers where you live?

I have one being made by these guys

they have bought in the partially made barrel from Blaser and are chambering it in 404

They are also taking a thou' or two off a 300 RUM bolt head to fit the case

Mag insert is also from one of the existing calibres made by Blaser

I have one being made by these guys

they have bought in the partially made barrel from Blaser and are chambering it in 404

They are also taking a thou' or two off a 300 RUM bolt head to fit the case

Mag insert is also from one of the existing calibres made by Blaser
Let us know how it turns out!

Let us know how it turns out!

The Rainbacks - Father and Son I believe - have a good reputation for building custom Blaser barrels

Additionally I sought and received excellent advice from a couple of knowledgeable fellas here on the AH forum

I passed their ideas and thoughts onto Michael Rainback

Knowing my problem with the Mauser 98 he was apprehensive that he too would produce something that wouldn't feed properly.

fingers crossed

Wildcatter, I'll take the Woodleigh Manual.
I'm at work today (2nd half of a 48 hour shift), but will find and post something of appropriate value to pay forward when I get home tomorrow.

As I understand it, they have to both be an FFL and registered with the ATF under the AECA-Arms Export Control Act as an importer.

Ok, my turn (thanks Wildcatter for the reloading manual and the rapid shipping!)…
I have two full boxes (100 count each) of Hornady SST 30 caliber bullets (1 150grn and 1 180grn), and a partial (approx 40 bullets) box of Sierra 125grn Pro-Hunter bullets.
I no longer own a 30 caliber, so no need for these.
I’d like to ship them all to one person please.
First “I’ll take them” posted on this thread gets them (please follow up with a PM with your mailing address).
I work Thursday but will do my best to mail them Friday.
Thanks!

F0279264-435E-4344-AFB6-54083BB26B2A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, my turn (thanks Wildcatter for the reloading manual and the rapid shipping!)…
I have two full boxes (100 count each) of Hornady SST 30 caliber bullets (1 150grn and 1 180grn), and a partial (approx 40 bullets) box of Sierra 125grn Pro-Hunter bullets.
I no longer own a 30 caliber, so no need for these.
I’d like to ship them all to one person please.
First “I’ll take them” posted on this thread gets them (please follow up with a PM with your mailing address).
I work Thursday but will do my best to mail them Friday.
Thanks!
I’ll take them.,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg