Pay It Forward-Free

Looks like the person joined just to claim the item from his post history. Hasn’t been back since march 3rd. Hope I am wrong but this is why I think the person claiming the item probably shouldn’t be doing so in their first post.

Well it says he joined in 2022 so hopefully he’ll be back around and hold up his end of this thread.
Yeah I posted a rolling duffle a good while back k and it cost me $50 to ship it to the member - I may have missed it but I don’t recall anything being put up from him.

^^^^. Exactly! Maybe some members don’t know the rules. :E Shrug:

A while back I put a set of Reddings dies, the member that got them had like two posts, never posted anything in return.

^^^^. Exactly! Maybe some members don’t know the rules. :E Shrug:

A while back I put a set of Reddings dies, the member that got them had like two posts, never posted anything in return.
Totally defeats the good will intentions of this thread… I’d call it a “hit-n-run”

It's sad that members will take advantage of the good will of those who are offering up items.

I have seen a couple on here that appear that they did a search for a item and found it here on the site, then claimed it never to return again.

The problem is how do you police it? Tell them sorry but you need xx amount of post and need to be a member for xx months or something before you can claim a item?

Or just keep going like we are with our fingers crossed?

It's sad that members will take advantage of the good will of those who are offering up items.

I have seen a couple on here that appear that they did a search for a item and found it here on the site, then claimed it never to return again.

The problem is how do you police it? Tell them sorry but you need xx amount of post and need to be a member for xx months or something before you can claim a item?

The nature of this entire forum has seemed, at least to me, to be made up of members with the highest integrity. It’s tough to put stipulations on the many just because of the few, kind of closes doors on honest new members. I’m not at all condemning your ideas on this - it’s just a grey area for sure.

Unfortunately not everyone has the ability to follow the rules that are clearly posted in the OP, some may just be assholes! I would say that we leave it to the discretion of the person offering the item up. Maybe it is a number of posts, or time on the forum. Let them know the rule in your PM, if they still screw the honest guys here, call them out!
Thanks to everyone that keeps this going, I’ve seen some great things here and appreciate all the good guys!

I've bought and sold a few things on AH over the years. The years of membership and post count are about the only thing I could go by to show if the member was Legit

I've bought and sold a few things on AH over the years. The years of membership and post count are about the only thing I could go by to show if the member was Legit
I agree, I follow the if it is to good to be true principle! Especially since I got screwed on that H&H Royale that guy was selling for 2500 bucks! Lol

Hi all. Just a thought- but what if the item you put up is not shipped until the recipient has posted something in return?

In the event we want to go even one ( more complicated) step further not only does recipient have to post an item to pay forward but the recipient of this item item has to confirm receipt publicly prior to original item shipping?

I understand that we can’t set policy based on all the minority what if scenarios but just thinking out loud. I also acknowledge the more policing/effort involved does start to diminish the spirit of the deal.

Hi all. Just a thought- but what if the item you put up is not shipped until the recipient has posted something in return?

In the event we want to go even one ( more complicated) step further not only does recipient have to post an item to pay forward but the recipient of this item item has to confirm receipt publicly prior to original item shipping?

I understand that we can’t set policy based on all the minority what if scenarios but just thinking out loud. I also acknowledge the more policing/effort involved does start to diminish the spirit of the deal.
That might be a good idea if you are dealing with a fairly new member.

IMG_2220.jpeg
Interesting ideas. I’m posting these Leupold rings I found that I can’t remember buying and will never use.

Well...:A Stirring::D Pop Popcorn:....then there's the problem of posting an item up of Equal Or Greater Value to replace the item claimed. By what or whose standards are used to justify the value of the item(s) claimed and replaced? Where is the ceiling on...Or Greater Value?

After all the intent is for members to Pay It Forward not after unless the member receiving the item has not previously listed an item. Thereby shouldn't only members that have an item or items already listed only be allowed to claim another members listed item?

What time limit should be set for a member's item(s) not be claimed after that member has claimed an item they should replace the previous item(s) with something else?

I think in the time I've been a member of this forum I've only been taken advantage of once and it was partially my fault for not asking for a better description, and for that reason I didn't, call the member out on it so I'm stuck with a bunch of 375Brass that I,ll never be able to use,,,Fool me once

Well...:A Stirring::D Pop Popcorn:....then there's the problem of posting an item up of Equal Or Greater Value to replace the item claimed. By what or whose standards are used to justify the value of the item(s) claimed and replaced? Where is the ceiling on...Or Greater Value?

After all the intent is for members to Pay It Forward not after unless the member receiving the item has not previously listed an item. Thereby shouldn't only members that have an item or items already listed only be allowed to claim another members listed item?

What time limit should be set for a member's item(s) not be claimed after that member has claimed an item they should replace the previous item(s) with something else?
The item I put up including the shipping cost that I paid was in excess of $200 in total. The fun, if you will call it, is to see what the claimant will put up with close to the same value. Typically it’s been something pretty cool that is a definite plus for someone in the group.

The item I put up including the shipping cost that I paid was in excess of $200 in total. The fun, if you will call it, is to see what the claimant will put up with close to the same value. Typically it’s been something pretty cool that is a definite plus for someone in the group.
This is essentially the view I've had with this thread. Under the idea that whatever gets posted has limited use/value anymore to the one posting it, the same item has use/value to someone else. When someone posts up something nicer, it has seemed to me that the claimant typically posted something reasonably close to the same value, most of the time. But I don't have any real issue if they don't.
The point of the thread is to clean up our own no longer used, but still useful, stuff and help someone else that might be wanting/needing it. Most of us that have been accumulating "stuff" longer probably have more of this kind of thing than someone at the beginning of this adventure. Some of those that have claimed an item, but not reciprocated, may not have anything to kick in. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe at some point they will have a no longer used, but still useful, item and post it. There have been a couple that undoubtedly joined just to claim and we'll never see them again; irritating, but shouldn't detract from the purpose of this thread. I, for one, would suggest we continue on and accept the fact there will be those that take advantage.

Many members that have claimed items have tributed back items around the same value or greater which is great. Only a few have gone to the extremes both in above and in below contributing near equivalent items. With exception of the double rifle which IMO was extremely generous. Had the receiving member was to contribute an item of greater value and the receiving member of that item contributed an item of greater value, etc, etc, etc....at what point does it become too much to consider claiming such lavish item(s) and when a receiving member claims such lavish item then contributes an item valued at 100th the value then becomes chastised for such action. Or worse say a new member only joins to claim the lavish item and is never heard from again.

bought this brass because I thought it would work in my Ruger 44Mag autoloader or my 44Mag revolver,,,it doesn't fit either, so I,m offering upView attachment 504012View attachment 504013
Bump I Still have this Brass, I got curious. I don't remember anyone claiming this brass so I bought rather than have it languish in the past I,d bump it up to see anyone could use it

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LottieStok

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.