PAST Shoulder Pad?

@PCC600 - I also like the ”Standing” type bench (when possible) and agree they can at least “double” the amount of rounds fired with minimal recoil affects.
But “40 Rounds” of .577 & .505 !! —- using a Hard-rubber-pad? You’ve got some damn tough shoulders (or the recoil rattled your Brain so much - You Lost Count !)
What I didn’t say was I then shot a 177 HMR rifle and honestly couldn’t hear or feel if I’d pulled the trigger . Weighing 280 pounds plus also helps when shooting the shoulder cannons .
 
What I didn’t say was I then shot a 177 HMR rifle and honestly couldn’t hear or feel if I’d pulled the trigger . Weighing 280 pounds plus also helps when shooting the shoulder cannons .
Seems like a terrific way to get a horrible flinch.
 
I use an Evoshield recoil pad / T shirt. A very thin pad that custom molds to your shoulder area. Works great.
Same here. Frequently out-of-stock, but very effective at reducing felt recoil.
 
Yes, I have one of the magnum ones, and have used it extensively while working with my 375 H&H. Once I transition to shooting off the sticks, I didn't use again. Good stuff.
 
I use the medium one at the range, it helps with heavy calibers.

Not hunting, it´s stiff and uncomfortable.
 
I use the medium one at the range, it helps with heavy calibers.

Not hunting, it´s stiff and uncomfortable.
I agree with @Nyati on this. The PAST Magnum pad works, but uncomfortable, for me, it rides up on the shoulder, and I have to readjust every couple of shots on the range. Also, as others stated, it is thick and affects the LOP, on some rifles affect the gun mount.

For a strap on pad, Limbsaver makes one thinner than the PAST, works as well or better. I didn't know about these, but my shooting buddy bought one for me and I really like it, my go to.

Browning also makes a pad, to be sewn into your shooting jacket, vest, or shirt called the Reactar.

I have a Reactar pad sewn into my thin, cotton shooting jacket, works almost as well as the Limbsaver strap on and comfortable. I also use it when bird hunting with my 12-gauge double. Gun mount is easy.

Definitely use a shooting pad for the bigger bores. When I moved up from .375 H&H to 416 Rigby, a shooting pad became essential equipment. I could go from shooting 4-5 rounds proficiently, to up to 20 rounds. That's just me, rifle fit, stock dimensions, powder charge, form all make a difference. A shooting pad always improved proficiency. And reduced the tendency to flinch.
 
Agree. Not useful when hunting but a help particularly off of the bench.
 
I ordered the magnum PAST pad and it is supposed to be here Monday or Tuesday. Well, I was in my local gun store Saturday afternoon and they had the regular ones so I picked one up, figured I’d give it a try. Took the 458 Win out for a spin this afternoon. I had the PAST pad on underneath a Tag Safari shooting shirt that also has a small pad and I could tell that setup helped quite a bit with recoil. I was able to get 3 shots off in quick succession with the thread protector and not the muzzle break. A tad high but very good left and right at 50 yards. This was not with the ammo I will be hunting with so I didn’t bother with making any scope adjustments. Hopefully the ammo I’ll be hunting with will come in this week and I can get it dialed in next weekend. Appreciate the input on the pad y’all, it really helped.
IMG_7386.jpeg
 
I have used a PAST pad often for training new shooters. I also use one myself if I am going to shoot a lot of rounds from a gun without a recoil pad. A steel buttplate on a milsurp rifle is a great reason to own a PAST pad!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,269
Messages
1,571,094
Members
169,257
Latest member
PatrickHen
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top