Passed on this gentleman - Leopards Valley Safaris 2017 Photos

Hell of a hunt!

Now that is a great looking buff. I can see why you waited. Bruce

Nice job Dave!

Congrats to the hunter!

Fine animals!

Nice bull.

My guess is your client figured he had best take the shot on the Springbok because you were reaching for his rifle.

Something like that. What makes this 16 1/2" ram even more special is that it was hunted on an extensive environment with no manipulation amongst a population of roughly 600-800 animals . This was not a specially bred big ram shot in a small camp.
This is truly a magnificent trophy in that regard

:E Excited: Perhaps this expression on your face helped....

The fact that it was not taken from a breeding camp is certainly impressive.
It actually got a chance to grow to its potential.

We are back in the Eastern Cape and out looking for its more interesting inhabitants. Will spend the next few days looking for the Vaal Rhebuck , Mountain reedbuck and Klipspringer on a conservancy on top of the Eastern Capes roof at roughly 6-7 000ft in their natural range.
Will have more pictures as they become available

Exciting hunt, with some very nice trophies!

Very nice springbok, congrats!

We are back and still hunting . While we where up at our buffalo area the boys got in this beautiful kudu bull

full

We however are on a mission for the little critters

Got this nice steenbuck while looking for Klipspringer ? Now just peeking for duiker around every corner

full

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny, everywhere I went when I was with Andri I have duiker within 40yds of me- just standing there, no less. Andri would just shake his head and say you never see that. It never crossed my mind to shoot one. Rookie mistakes- just didn't know what I had!

We got extremely lucky this morning . The guys got up really early and travelled to Klipspringer country . Pro hunter Arnold Claasen saw a few an elected to take this ram.

full

While they were out Pro hunter Greg Hayes stalked this phenomenal little duiker ram just touching 5" he's a great ram

full

We still waiting to hear from the other guys

Last edited by a moderator:
We still need two Vaal Rhebuck . What are the chances of having two separate hunters from two separate countries each looking for a Vaal and a Klipspringer ? Both in camp at the same time.

So we had to send them off in separate directions to different mountain conservancies . We were pleasantly surprised
IMG_9433.JPG

IMG_1880.JPG

IMG_1889.JPG

A very rare photo for eastern Cape mountain critters

IMG_1900.JPG

We were still on a quest for the small critters and Pro hunters , Chris Dugmore , Arnold Claasen and Greg Hayes delivered

IMG_1923.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

We still needed a Klipspringer but that turned into a short morning hunt

IMG_1917.JPG

Wow! Every trophy is very nice! Great hunt!

After days of scouting and tracking, turning down bulls, it all comes down to a few split seconds. This is buffalo hunting at its finest.

This photo is a screenshot off the video footage . It shows our buff starting a charge that was cut short by 3 well placed rounds , putting him down.
I never fired a shot.

IMG_9447.JPG

Sneak peak of our first day on our 60 square mile buffalo area. More snippets to follow

IMG_9751.JPG

This gorgeous little duiker was hunted walk and stalk . Definite gold medal contender

IMG_9754.JPG

Another angle.

While hunting these little critters we bumped into this grand old daddy. He was on our list and took a nice 2 hr stalk

IMG_1864.JPG

This gorgeous Roan was just over 28"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross