Passed on this gentleman - Leopards Valley Safaris 2017 Photos

After days of scouting and tracking, turning down bulls, it all comes down to a few split seconds. This is buffalo hunting at its finest.

This photo is a screenshot off the video footage . It shows our buff starting a charge that was cut short by 3 well placed rounds , putting him down.
I never fired a shot.

View attachment 180245

What are the chances of us getting to see the video??

Spoiled for choice . Another snippet of buffalo hunting on one of our extensive South African buffalo areas .

We got another Roan down . Just shy of 29"

IMG_9702.JPG

Holy crap!!!!! That Vaalie!!!!! That group of hunters are going to be hooked like crackheads on Africa. Damn.... that springbok, buff, Vaalie, klip..... amazing! Good for y'all!

Thank you gents . We do try to get the best animals we can in the areas we hunt .

Wow! Awesome!

Great looking Roan and the video is a tease! Nice buff!

IMG_1868.JPG

This big ol black wildebeest bull was giving the guys a run around . After 3-4 attempts in as many days they finally connected on him. Being out in the Karoo these animals like the open spaces making a stalk very interesting

Meat is meat and man must eat !!

IMG_9463.JPG

I have to also give our lady hunters some lime light. Here is a very nice blesbuck ram taken by one of our huntresses

IMG_9460.JPG

The Karoo is also full of springbuck but these whiley creatures can be very tough on big open areas. Here's a nice representative taken this week.

IMG_9461.JPG

If you compare it to the beast we took 2 weeks ago though it looks small

IMG_9462.JPG

Another free range Eastern Cape bull in the salt.

IMG_9468.JPG

This old monarch was hunted on foot . Pro hunter Craig Done did an excellent job getting the hunters in on him .

IMG_9465.JPG

After a rewarding day out in the field Nikki spoiled us with a tender Springbuck stroganoff. The dessert was even better . Now for a beer and bed.

IMG_9467.JPG

Check out our YouTube Channel for the latest video of the Buffalo hunt series. "Spoiled for choice" on our 60 square mile Buffalo area .
The words no PH wants to hear from his client when you're on a beautiful bull. " I'm going to pass on him"

IMG_9483.JPG

Here is great is a great once in a lifetime Eastern Cape bull.

IMG_9484.JPG

Followed by another !! These two Bulls where taken two days apart on two separate free range areas. Normally in a 2x1 safari one guy always gets a bigger bull but we broke the rules on this hunt

Nice. I want to hunt the little guys myself.

IMG_9485.JPG

Here is a gorgeous Eastern Cape bushbuck taken a few days ago .

IMG_9487.JPG

We also added this nice representative steenbuck . They are beautiful little creatures .

To Finnish off the hunt a gorgeous 40" Sable taken on our low fence property .
IMG_9488.JPG

This guy was hunted on foot as we knew where he liked to be but couldn't find him. PH Craig Done elected to walk slowly through the river shrub and actually connected on one of the kudu bulls pictured above.

A few days later they tried again and finally connected on him. Great job all round for a fabulous animal

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.