Our problem

Aren't our emotions a reflection of what we perceive (and then think) about the world around us?

Emotions are not a barometer of Truth, only of what we perceive Truth to be.

If, Saturday 9 November, it becomes true that LSU stomps a mud hole in Alabama, I will be a happy camper.

If, Saturday 9 November, it becomes true that LSU stomps a mud hole in Alabama, I will be a happy camper.

Now ain’t that the truth! Period. Nothing more to be said! From a Volunteer fan.

Isn't all reality subject to perception? How is any other viewpoint able to be proven?

Here's a great example.

We all "know" the primary color of current US paper currency is green, right? We were taught this from some of our earliest education days, when we were taught the names for the color elements of our visible spectrum.

However, reality is that the parts of that paper currency we all say is green, is in reality, every color other than green. We percieve the color green because that is the wavelength of light reflected, and subsequently, entering our eyes, therefore not absorbed by that part of the paper currency. All other wavelengths of light (at least in what we define as our visual spectrum) are absorbed, not reflected. It's high school physics, at least that was where & when that became clear to me by reason, not directly as a taught / instructed principle of reality.

QED?

As I said, the more our perception aligns with reality, the more likely any given endeavor will meet with success.

Conversely, if my perception is wildly divergent from reality, my endeavors will fail badly. If I perceive I can fly, then take a flying leap off Transco Tower, I'll meet reality within a couple seconds.

Reality is what it is, irrespective of how we perceive it. A dollar bill is green because that is the wavelength reflected to our eyes. The reality of it isn't changed because of the way we perceive the color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you