Ordered a Parkwest Arms today!

358 Norma

AH fanatic
Joined
Feb 22, 2021
Messages
685
Reaction score
2,078
Location
ND
Media
28
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hunted
South Africa
I took the plunge and ordered a Parkwest Arms Dark Continent 404 Jeffrey today! So far the only options I added are, two panel bolt handle checkering, wrap around grip checkering, and my initials engraved on the stock medallion. I will be sending them a very nice stock blank my wife purchased for me as a Christmas gift for the stock. I may add color case hardening, but still thinking about what other options I might add. It's going to be a long year waiting for it to be completed!
 
The stock blank I will be sending Parkwest Arms
 

Attachments

  • 20251201_122911.jpg
    20251201_122911.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 323
  • 20251201_122949.jpg
    20251201_122949.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 321
Wow. What a piece of wood.
 
Got a question for you. When you supply the wood for the stock, do they charge you less for the rifle?
 
Got a question for you. When you supply the wood for the stock, do they charge you less for the rifle?
Yes, but it's a small discount! I'm using that stock blank because my wife bought if for me and I want to use it on a rifle that I will take to Africa.
 
I took the plunge and ordered a Parkwest Arms Dark Continent 404 Jeffrey today! So far the only options I added are, two panel bolt handle checkering, wrap around grip checkering, and my initials engraved on the stock medallion. I will be sending them a very nice stock blank my wife purchased for me as a Christmas gift for the stock. I may add color case hardening, but still thinking about what other options I might add. It's going to be a long year waiting for it to be completed!
Congratulations! Two months ago I ordered a Bushveld in 404J with multiple upgrades. A month ago, I started looking at the 416 Rigby Dark Continent on their website for sale and I almost bought it but I really wanted the 404. After waffling around and driving Jessica crazy (she’s very patient) I switched the order to a Savanna in 404j with a ton of upgrades. I can’t wait!
 
Congratulations! Two months ago I ordered a Bushveld in 404J with multiple upgrades. A month ago, I started looking at the 416 Rigby Dark Continent on their website for sale and I almost bought it but I really wanted the 404. After waffling around and driving Jessica crazy (she’s very patient) I switched the order to a Savanna in 404j with a ton of upgrades. I can’t wait!
Keep me informed on when they start on it! I bet it's going to be a nice rifle!
 
Congratulations! That will be one fine rifle!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,439
Messages
1,576,376
Members
170,566
Latest member
FredricOve
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top