Only 4 weeks to go before Namibia

Springbok would make a good pillow and mountain zebra.

As someone already suggested a rifle bag is always nice to have!

image.jpg

No matter what just enjoy your trip. If you have the opportunity and means shoot an Eland, great trophy and Namibia has some good ones. Look forward to your report and photos.

Hey all,

Been a while since I last posted, but since I'm so close to my trip, I need some advice from some of you seasoned Africa hunters.

I thought I had the exact animals I wanted to take planned out, but my wife has thrown me a curve ball, and I'm not sure the best animals for her personal "project." I'm hoping you guys can assist. Maybe even post some pictures?

I plan to take a Gemsbok and Impala, those are 1 and 2 on my list. The rest of my list is open to whatever presents itself that I like and is within my budget. My wife has asked for some skins so she can make some interesting pillows/cushions/quilt with them. I'm really not sure which animal hides would be best for this purpose.

Any of you guys or ladies have any suggestions and images of interesting things you've done with your hides?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!
Hi,

We are going at the same time you are. We leave out of JFK on the 13th and arrive on the 14th at Windhoek going through Joberg. We are hunting with Nick and Isabel Nolte.

Hi,

We are going at the same time you are. We leave out of JFK on the 13th and arrive on the 14th at Windhoek going through Joberg. We are hunting with Nick and Isabel Nolte.
Cecil,

I'll be right down the road on May 22 at Otjandaue with Roy van de Merwe. I believe he knows Nick and they have helped each other before.

To make matters worse, Roy emailed some trail cam images to me of our targeted species, and one we are not targeting. Good ole' Mr. Spots!
WGI_0004.JPG
WGI_0007.JPG
WGI_0020.JPG
EK000025.JPG
WGI_0006.JPG

I have no intention of trying for a cat as I'm hunting with bow, but someone may get a chance at him this year.

Awesome!! Now I'm getting even more excited after seeing those pictures. We are going after Kudu, Gemsbok, Impala, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, and Warthog. Can't wait to get over there. Best of luck to you on your hunt!

Awesome!! Now I'm getting even more excited after seeing those pictures. We are going after Kudu, Gemsbok, Impala, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra, and Warthog. Can't wait to get over there. Best of luck to you on your hunt!
You too! If you can, report back on a daily basis with some pictures.

Just met your PH and his wife here at Nick's place. They are great people, you are going to have a great hunt!

Just met your PH and his wife here at Nick's place. They are great people, you are going to have a great hunt!
Fantastic! Looks like you got a nice gemsbok and impala. Those are my two primary. The kudu is really nice too.

I can't decide how many animals I want. Maybe two gemsbok. So hard to decide!

Don't take all the good ones.

Fantastic! Looks like you got a nice gemsbok and impala. Those are my two primary. The kudu is really nice too.

I can't decide how many animals I want. Maybe two gemsbok. So hard to decide!

Don't take all the good ones.
Shoot and eland. Great hunt and a magnificent trophy! Best of luck!!

Shoot and eland. Great hunt and a magnificent trophy! Best of luck!!
Eland is on my list of desirables. But, I'd like to get the following first:
Gemsbok
Impala
Springbok
Red hartebeest
Kudu
Steenbok
Wildebeest (blue or black, maybe both)

Then after those:
Eland
Waterbuck
Nyala
Sable

Then on to dangerous game:
Cape buffalo

I hope I enjoy it enough to want to go back multiple times, so I don't need to get them all at once. I'd like to take my family, too.

Sounds like a fantastic time awaits you. Look forward to your report. Best of luck

Best of luck on this hunt.

Lrntolive, you really should take an eland just for the opportunity to get to eat one. IMO, they are the best tasting of anything I've had the chance to try.

Yes, Theodore Roosevelt said the same about eland. I plan to eat everything I kill, if the chef can make it in time.

Wish you the best of luck !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldineI

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!