One Step at a Time...

tarbe

AH legend
Joined
Jan 26, 2014
Messages
4,995
Reaction score
9,797
Location
Romance, MO
Media
121
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
It is too hot here in Houston now to do load development for a winter hunt, so I needed to just work up a practice load to use for the time being.

I loaded up some 180gr Hornady BTSP (so the BC will be similar to the TTSX) with IMR 4831.

Took it to the range this weekend. First 3 shot group was low and left, but two bullets in one large hole and one slightly out. Adjusted the scope and had a group centered.

Next step...decide on what I will use for sticks and start shooting offhand and from the sticks. Now that the rifle is zeroed, no sense shooting off the bench except to just verify zero now and then.
photo (32).JPG
photo (33).JPG
 
Looks good. Like you said, get some practice off the sticks. Bruce
 
Yep a great practice round. Get out there early for that first 15 minutes of the day that it's bearable to shoot! That's about all we get anyway in Phoenix.
 
Looking good Tim!!!
 
I think picking out which stick set-up to go with might be more difficult than shooting sub-moa groups. Too many choices/opinions!
 
Make some out of bamboo poles.
That way you'll adapt to anything that is thrown at you. Since you are practicing.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,049
Members
169,485
Latest member
TaniaBufor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top