Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
It is too hot here in Houston now to do load development for a winter hunt, so I needed to just work up a practice load to use for the time being.

I loaded up some 180gr Hornady BTSP (so the BC will be similar to the TTSX) with IMR 4831.

Took it to the range this weekend. First 3 shot group was low and left, but two bullets in one large hole and one slightly out. Adjusted the scope and had a group centered.

Next step...decide on what I will use for sticks and start shooting offhand and from the sticks. Now that the rifle is zeroed, no sense shooting off the bench except to just verify zero now and then.
photo (32).JPG
photo (33).JPG

Looks good. Like you said, get some practice off the sticks. Bruce

Yep a great practice round. Get out there early for that first 15 minutes of the day that it's bearable to shoot! That's about all we get anyway in Phoenix.

Looking good Tim!!!

I think picking out which stick set-up to go with might be more difficult than shooting sub-moa groups. Too many choices/opinions!

Make some out of bamboo poles.
That way you'll adapt to anything that is thrown at you. Since you are practicing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg