Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PHASA, DSC, SCI
The Limpopo Waterberg has proven to be a prime destination for top quality Kudu and I'm sure that we will all appreciate the magnificent specimen below.

Kudu.jpg

This 61" inch Kudu taken with a fellow Outfitter will have those Kudu addicts between us dreaming of that once in a lifetime trophy.

Congratulations to Chris on guiding to an incredible trophy.
Thanks for sharing.

OK we'er excited, now tell us the story about that once in a lifetime Kudu.

Story please

Awesome kudu. WOW! As mentioned above please share the story.

Congratulations - Wow! Over 60" Doesn't have to be perfectly symmetrical when its that huge!

WOW, I want one or two. Forrest

I'm waiting....

Great kudu! Can somebody tell Pieter I want one like that!

So only one side has to be 61 inches ? Congrats !
Glen

So only one side has to be 61 inches ? Congrats !
Glen

Rowland Ward uses the longest horn measurement to make the book. So, only one horn is required.

I wonder if that Kudu was hunted at Sabrissa

Chris was hunting for Klipspringer in the mountains a couple of weeks ago with a client and while doing so they saw what appeared to be a very nice Kudu bull on a mountain slope some 400 yards away.

They were not really equipped for shooting at that range with the .375H&H his client was carrying and as the bull had already seen them - chances of getting closer were slim so they decided to leave him alone...

His next client had better luck on his side and while hunting the same general area they came across (what he thinks might be) the same bull at less than 100 yards away. His client's .300WM did the trick and the bull was down...

The Waterberg mountains have a good reputation for producing quality kudu but even he was surprised when they taped this guy...

The left horn (which at first appeared to be the longer one) measured 59 6/8" and both the client and Chris were ecstatic. But imagine their surprise when they measured the right horn at 61"!

Brilliant and congrats on a super trophy.

Congratulations on a fantastic bull! I don't mind the asymmetry at all.

I've had a passion for a 60"/plus for a very long time. Can't wait to hear about it, and congratulations to all involved. Magnificent.

Fantastic Kudu Bull! well done to the hunter and the guide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois